Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kidkrash
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM app crashing on Roku Express after recent update

Jump to solution

I am not buying that the issue is on the Roku side. 

• The issue only started after the SiriusXM app updated.
  • Issue occurs with some SiriusXM channels and not others. In my case Channel 33 (1st Wave) crashes but Channel 1051 (1st Wave Top 100) does not.
  • I am not the only one having this issue.

SiriusXM needs to provide a working version or roll it back. This is a simply fail on the part of thier QA team to allow a flawed version make it to production.

As SiriusXM does not allow concurrent sessions they have the means to see when stream drops and have the data to figure out a pattern and thus the issue. They are either lazy or incompetent. You tell me which one is acceptable to you.

I work from home and 95% of my listening time is via the app hence why I keep the service in my vehicle. A couple of friends of mine suggest I start using Spotify and ditch SiriusXM. If they fail to acknowledge this and fix it in a timely manner they are going to lose a long time subscriber.

kidkrash
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

I am not buying that the issue is on the Roku side. 

• The issue only started after the SiriusXM app updated.
  • Issue occurs with some SiriusXM channels and not others. In my case Channel 33 (1st Wave) crashes but Channel 1051 (1st Wave Top 100) does not.
  • I am not the only one having this issue.

SiriusXM needs to provide a working version or roll it back. This is a simply fail on the part of thier QA team to allow a flawed version make it to production.

As SiriusXM does not allow concurrent sessions they have the means to see when stream drops and have the data to figure out a pattern and thus the issue. They are either lazy or incompetent. You tell me which one is acceptable to you.

I work from home and 95% of my listening time is via the app hence why I keep the service in my vehicle. A couple of friends of mine suggest I start using Spotify and ditch SiriusXM. If they fail to acknowledge this and fix it in a timely manner they are going to lose a long time subscriber.

Eyesonthesky
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Kidkrash,

In my lengthy conversation with a SiriusXM Corporate Solutions Team Member, he mentioned rolling back the app as a possible solution if this becomes protracted. We will see.

kidkrash
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Eyesonthesky wrote:

Kidkrash,

In my lengthy conversation with a SiriusXM Corporate Solutions Team Member, he mentioned rolling back the app as a possible solution if this becomes protracted. We will see.

Thanks for the update and taking the time to contact SiriusXM. Time will tell....lol

Bterry12

Jump to solution

I'm having the same 20 minute shut down issue on the SiriusXM Channel.  It started immediately after SiriusXM pushed their last update of version 2.5 build 28.  I have tried every suggested fix in the blog and nothing works.

In response to Danny here is my Roku data.

Roku Tv 8105x

TCL model 43S305

Serial number. YK00MG759616

Software. 11.0.0. Build 4193-48

Device ID. AW486M759616

SiriusXM needs to fix their software or they will loose customers, just like me.  Why don't they just roll back to old version?  It worked.

mizebonyangel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku please FIX THIS!!   I have reviewed all of the previous posts and suggested resolutions and this problem still exists!  

0 Kudos
EM48
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

STILL NOT WORKING; NO FIX IN SITE:

0 Kudos
jjetset
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Problem is getting worse, now crashes almost immediately even after suggested "workarounds".

0 Kudos
doubleb97
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

After getting ahold of SiriusXM help on Twitter today. They have told me that this problem we are all having has escalated. I will continue to bug them everyday until something is done.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Tha setting does not work! I am having the same problem! 20 minutes and app shuts off

0 Kudos