Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reby2202

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

This appears to be related to the updated app from SiriusXM.  The regular channels shut off after a period of time but the Xtra Channels due not shut down (#1000 and above). The app must have an issue with loading the regular channels programming vs the Xtra which seems to be one song at a time.

RickKasten

Jump to solution

Just wanted to join the rage group. I have been playing the Spa channel on my TV in the background while I work from home full-time for about 4 years now. This is a serious change in my work environment. Not cool.

Smooch
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RickKasten wrote:

Just wanted to join the rage group. I have been playing the Spa channel on my TV in the background while I work from home full-time for about 4 years now. This is a serious change in my work environment. Not cool.

Rick, I feel your pain. I can listen on my laptop with no problem, and in the car, but on the TV (not Roku TV) the app, she is broken ...

Spa is in my top 3 to listen to (Symphony, Beatles are the others, but Spa helps keep me calm ...)

kidkrash
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RickKasten wrote:

Welcome to the RAGE!!!!!

0 Kudos
ManPox
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Both customer service departments are worthless yet if we don't persist with complaints there'd be no progress. I believe forum postings and FB best because they're monitored. Also, both of these CS departments are the water torture type, not designed for tech issues. Evidence - in contacts with each of them I provided 40+ character version codes, then asked them to read back. Both reps turned it and asked me to read it back. New 40+ code provided and both said same, "okay - got it".

The SiriusXM rep made it worse by saying since I claimed it worked better in car to listen to it more often in the car. A cylindrical fountain of CSR wisdom is that. I can play this game, I asked if he could at least send me a SiriusXM Car/Home Kit. Described it as looking like a cardboard box open at both ends and attached between open car window and open window of house. He wasn't familiar with it, asked how it attaches. Big mistake. Told him kit includes SiriusXM Isthmus Adhesive Strips, approx 18" long rubbery dtrips, glossy gray on one side and sticky on the other. Asked for part number and yes...another 40+ character string. Once I'm in for 10-15 minutes, what does another 5 matter. They should merge and the result may be a positive. Like Sprint and T-Mobile. Okay, back to my pipefitter work now.

thewired1

Jump to solution

Long time Roku user (6+ devices in use now) and long time SiriusXm user (back from the late 90s!)... I literally JUST created this forum account now to chime in. 

THE LATEST SIRIUSXM APP SUCKS!!! It was never great but it worked and played for hours at a time. Like everyone else has stated, it shuts down after 20 minutes. It is completely NOT USABLE. 

Roku... go talk to SiriusXM! SiriusXM... go talk to Roku! This debacle isn't making either of you look good. 

0 Kudos
Rodrigo88

Jump to solution

Thanks for all your complaints. I've been having the same problem, too, for the past week or two. It seems to have started with the updated SiriusXM App on the Roku and I had to login anew for the first time since I started using it on the Roku.  Now I know I"m not crazy and that the problem lies with Siriusxm and/or Roku. I'm not holding my breath that it will be fixed anytime soon.  

0 Kudos
EM48
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sirius continues to be worthless and so is their customer support; I am not sure what country we  are speaking with, but all they do is express artificial sympathy. Quite a joke; and I am sure they are doing NOTHING to improve the situation. and too bad this isn't a SiriusXM blog.

0 Kudos
Smooch
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@ManPox wrote:

I can play this game, I asked if he could at least send me a SiriusXM Car/Home Kit. Described it as looking like a cardboard box open at both ends and attached between open car window and open window of house. He wasn't familiar with it, asked how it attaches. Big mistake. Told him kit includes SiriusXM Isthmus Adhesive Strips, approx 18" long rubbery dtrips, glossy gray on one side and sticky on the other. Asked for part number and yes...another 40+ character string. Once I'm in for 10-15 minutes, what does another 5 matter. They should merge and the result may be a positive. Like Sprint and T-Mobile. Okay, back to my pipefitter work now.

Smiley Very Happy I thoroughly enjoyed that. Thank you.

0 Kudos
MrEM
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

A roll back to the previous version of the app maybe?

0 Kudos