Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brsenior3

Signing into NFL channel with Apple ID

I recently subscribed to NFL+ Premium and used my Apple ID when creating the account. There's no option in the Roku app to log in with Apple ID or entering an activation code on NFL.com. How can I log in since the Apple login method hides your email and instead uses one that is longer than the space allows when trying to sign in on the Roku channel?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Signing into NFL channel with Apple ID

When you say “used my Apple ID”, if you mean you used your email address (which is also the address you happen to use with Apple), then you should be OK.  If you mean you paid for it through some Apple payment system, then that system will probably only work on Apple products.  (Video streaming platform payment methods generally only work on that type of platform.)  When you say: “Apple login method hides your email”, then I think you paid via the Apple payment system, and will be stuck watching through Apple devices.  If Apple gives you a refund option, then you could close the Apple-paid account, and create an account directly with NFL, and then log into that on your various devices.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Blive

Hey, this just happened to me also but was able to resolve it. Just go to the NFL app on your phone and do a forgot password. I was able to reset my password using my email address and chose not to use the login with Apple ID on the second go. After I changed the password I successfully logged into the NFL app on the Roku. Hope this helps!

rickylaven

Great idea; that worked for me and I was able to get on my NFL subscription on Roku.  🙂

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.