Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
northdad66

Signed up for AMC+ but do not have the account info to give to my daughter to use on non-roku device

I subscribed to AMC+ and my daughter doesn't have a roku device. How can she log in?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Signed up for AMC+ but do not have the account info to give to my daughter to use on non-roku de

I don't know about AMC+ specifically, but ...

When you subscribe to premium subscriptions through 3rd party systems like Roku, Amazon, Hulu, etc, your accounts are with that 3rd party acting as an agent for the channel, not with the channel itself. Although there are a few exceptions, these are typically only viewable via the 3rd party service through which you subscribed.  That means a subscription through Roku is viewed on Roku equipment

If you want to view on all platforms supported by that channel you typically must subscribe directly with the channel via its web page then use its dedicated app for each platform, authenticating via the credentials you established with the channel account.

A workaround that's been reported to work with some channels (no idea if AMC+ is one of them) is to try to log into your account on its website, using the email address for your Roku account.  (You'll find this address, if needed, via Settings/System/About on your Roku.)  When the login fails, use their "lost password" option and respond to the resulting email to establish a new password.   Now you (and your daughter) MAY be able to log into the regular AMC+ app using your Roku email and this new password on platforms other than Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
lilyg1233

Re: Signed up for AMC+ but do not have the account info to give to my daughter to use on non-roku de

The username and password from roku let me sign into amc+ site

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @northdad66!

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to provide further information regarding this matter.

In addition to what our Community expert provided above, may we also know how are you accessing the AMC+ app on your Roku device?

If you are accessing this within The Roku Channel, this subscription can only be accessed through The Roku Channel. However, if you are using the standalone app and you are billed through Roku, you may access this outside the Roku streaming platform using your Roku credentials.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.