Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Several channels not working

So your post says “several channels not working”. But now your saying only Netflix and Hulu aren’t working? Those are the only 2? 

0 Kudos
APhill79
Binge Watcher

Netflix and Hulu have never worked for me. And in the last few weeks a few other channels have stopped loading 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

In my honest opinion……..You got it free. It’s 6 years old. You just did a factory reset which didn’t work. Throw it in the trash. Go to your local Target, Best Buy or Walmart. Pick yourself up a Roku Express 4K+ or a Stick 4K+. And enjoy streaming this weekend 👍🏻

APhill79
Binge Watcher

I’m fairly new to Roku.. how is the Ultra? Assuming Express is better? Thanks 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@APhill79 wrote:

I tried a factory reset yesterday to no avail. It is connected to my WiFi, yes there is a clock. 

Other channels work just fine. And all of the channels worked when I first got the Roku (except the Netflix and Hulu). Sounds like it may be time to get a new one 😕

Possibly. The Premiere+ model 4630 is essentially a Roku Ultra from 2016. It's missing a USB port, and has less onboard storage, but otherwise is an Ultra. It's a good device and it's not unreasonable to try to get further use from it.

However, being second hand, you may not know the fully history of the device. It's odd that those apps don't work, but if the device is reaching, or has reached, end of life, then this would be a way it could manifest itself.

The only thing further to try would be to ensure how you did a factory reset. There are four ways, two of which are correct.

• Using the menu system. This would give a proper factory reset.
  • With power applied, holding down the Reset button for no less than 30 seconds. This would give a proper factory reset.
  • With power applied, holding down the Reset button for less than 30 seconds. This is how many will commonly do it, but it's the wrong way.
  • Any other way. This is wrong as well.

So, ensure you did a factory reset the correct way. If you have done it correctly, then yes, it's probably time to replace it. If not, do a full factory reset and see if that resolved the issue.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@APhill79 

Ultra is top of the line. While your old device was a Premiere+, it was essentially an Ultra from that time.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Streamer317
Roku Guru

@APhill79  The Ultra is a great Roku. But it’s also $99. It’s also bigger. I like the Sticks. They are very tiny and fully portable. It all depends upon your budget 

APhill79
Binge Watcher

@DBDukes 

Yes I did the proper factory reset. I think I’ll be getting a new Roku tomorrow. Thanks for your input!

Streamer317
Roku Guru

@APhill79  Glad I could help. Sometimes it’s better to start off fresh. Enjoy your new Roku. Report back 

0 Kudos
APhill79
Binge Watcher

Will do! I ordered an Ultra, and it will arrive in the morning. I’ll let you know how it goes.