Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
autiger22
Reel Rookie

Search option not working on Roku

I am having a problem with my Roku, which is a Roku Express + streaming stick 3810RW. I have the "Search" button on it, but when I try to do a search, nothing pops up. All it says is, "No search results. Try modifying your entry, or try looking for a different part of its title". It used to be that, all you had to do was to enter part of the title and it would start to pull up stuff, but it's not working anymore. I have went in the settings, and have entered our zip code to make sure that wasn't messed up. I have checked to make sure that it didn't have any updates, and it doesn't. I have done a restart on it, but it still won't work. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Search option not working on Roku

Hi @autiger22,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue with your Roku remote being unable to work when using the search feature.

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Does the issue happen when searching all movies/shows or channels or just specific titles and channel?

To learn more including which players support this feature, check out the article that explains: How to use voice to search and control your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
autiger22
Reel Rookie

The search option works on the other channels. It’s just the “Search” from the main screen. I even pulled up the search from the Roku app on my phone app, typed in a movie, and it found it. It’s just, if I try to use the “Search” button on the main screen, it doesn’t work. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@autiger22 

Thanks for the reply.

Performing a factory reset on the affected Roku devices might help. Try giving it a shot.

From the Settings menu

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced system settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions

For more information, check out this link: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos