Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boatgal

Unable to connect to Prime Video Channel

Jump to solution

My Roku is not new, it is black and actually has an Amazon prime, Netflix button on it, but I can no longer access Prime Video on this Roku, does this mean I have to buy a new one or will Roku replace it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to connect to Prime Video Channel

Jump to solution

Since you mentioned it's an older device, chances are Amazon has pulled support for it. From a message that came out a couple of years ago:

Amazon will no longer be supporting the Prime Video app on your Roku device (The specific models no longer supported are: 3500X, 2710X, 2720X, 2700X, 3050X, 3100X, 2400X, 3000X, 2500X, 2450X, 3400X, and 3420X) as of 1st November, 2021.

So if your model number is listed above (or perhaps even older than these listed), then you will need to get a new Roku player that supports Prime Video.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: unable to connect to Prime Video Channel

Jump to solution

Hi @Boatgal

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you provide us with the model number of your Roku device? This can be found by navigating to Settings > System > About

Please be advised that Amazon no longer supports the Prime Video app on these Roku devices: 3500X, 2710X, 2720X, 2700X, 3050X, 3100X, 2400X, 3000X, 2500X, 2450X, 3400X, and 3420X as of November 1, 2021.

I hope this helps.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Since you mentioned it's an older device, chances are Amazon has pulled support for it. From a message that came out a couple of years ago:

Amazon will no longer be supporting the Prime Video app on your Roku device (The specific models no longer supported are: 3500X, 2710X, 2720X, 2700X, 3050X, 3100X, 2400X, 3000X, 2500X, 2450X, 3400X, and 3420X) as of 1st November, 2021.

So if your model number is listed above (or perhaps even older than these listed), then you will need to get a new Roku player that supports Prime Video.

Dan

Boatgal

Jump to solution

guess I’ll be purchasing a fire stick

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

A Fire Stick is certainly one option. But don't blame Roku for Prime Video no longer working on an older device. That was the decision by Amazon, not Roku. 

Dan