Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SC338
Reel Rookie

Re: Screen stuck on "use accessibility shortcut: screen

Thanks, I will give it a try.

0 Kudos
Skeets
Reel Rookie

I have had this issue for 9 months with my Roku ultra and Samsung tv. I have gotten 2 new Roku remotes and it keeps happening. So frustrating. But I recently purchased an off brand remote for $12 that wasn’t on wireless and it works great. Not one issue. Yes it doesn’t feel as good in the hand as the Roku model but everything else works great and makes watching tv pleasurable once again. I recommend this as a viable solution. 

Chris404

I had this issue with a Roku Ultra and LG C2. Changing the remote TV pairing from IR to CEC resolved it for me.

I think sometimes when you hit the mute or volume buttons on the Roku remote it does a long hold for some reason. That explains this issue and also the issue where sometimes pressing a volume button will cause the volume to continuously go up or down (as if you were holding the button down, even though you just click it). 

0 Kudos
FragMagnet

I have have a similar problem with a just purchased LG 4K and Roku Ultra.

Pushing mute multiple times brings up a sidebar screen with menu selections for "AV Reset", "Auto Tuning", and "LG Remote Service" along with a few toggles.

Pushing the mute 3X in a row quickly is a "feature" to turn on this service menu which isn't attached to the main menu tree since it contains items that may be more magic than an average user should be playing with.

Another site had the following fix: 

1. Press the settings button on the TV remote

2. Scroll down to "All Settings" select

3. Scroll down to "General" and press right

4. Scroll down until you reach "Quick Start", toggle it to the off position.

The post author said this process or a close one should work on LG TVs. I haven't had a chance to test it yet because I don't have access to the TV right now.

I would guess that other TV manufacturers might have a similar "feature" and some hunting in depths of the setup screens might also disable it.

I'll report back after I get a chance to try the fix.

LG model 43UQ7590PUB

LG Platform: webOS22

LG Software Version: 03.33.80

0 Kudos
batwomanfl
Reel Rookie

Re: Help! Screen stuck on "use accessibility shortcut: screen

Nope my Samsung’s mute button doesn’t turn on Accessibility Shortcuts when I press and hold the mute button like the Roku Remote does. 

0 Kudos
Skeets
Reel Rookie

I suffered with this for 9+months. The only way I was able to fix it was to buy a replacement Roku remote that was not Roku brand. This one works awesome for my Roku Ultra. : 1-clicktech for Roku TV Remote 2-in-1 for TCL Hisense ONN Sanyo Sharp Hitachi Element Insignia Westinghouse LG JVC Magnavox Roku TV, and Roku Box w/ 12 Opt. Channels

0 Kudos
1a2b3c

I have same issue.  None of the posted solutions work. Roku remote mute button triggers accessibilty screen which takes about two minutes to clear on its own. Wildly annoying and happens too frequently with just a single tap most times

0 Kudos
Skeets
Reel Rookie

This nonroku remote fixes this for my Roku Ultra. : 1-clicktech for Roku TV Remote 2-in-1 for TCL Hisense ONN Sanyo Sharp Hitachi Element Insignia Westinghouse LG JVC Magnavox Roku TV, and Roku Box w/ 12 Opt. Channels

0 Kudos
batwomanfl
Reel Rookie

Same here. Every time I try to mute the TV it triggers my TV’s Accessibility Features! So aggravating! Then I have to look for my ACTUAL TV Remote to turn off that feature! 

0 Kudos
Possvc
Reel Rookie

Agree re software flaw. BARELY/QUICKLY TOUCHING mute triggers “accessibility” window. Total pain! New batteries; LG panel. Only “exit” is complete power on-off reboot. Roku buggy software!!

0 Kudos