Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angelw06
Channel Surfer

Screen Mirroring Bug, Help NEEDED...

I'm having same issue, how do you install new frame ware to tv . I've done all the other steps.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen Mirroring Bug, Help NEEDED...

Hi @Angelw06,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you have a query on how to update the new firmware. You can do a manual update by pressing the Home button on your remote. Then go to Settings > System > System Update > Check now. Then, if an update is available, select Update Now and wait for your Roku device to restart.

For further reference, you can visit our support page: How to update the software on your Roku TV or Roku streaming player.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Angelw06
Channel Surfer

I have done that , plus a whole factory reset.  When it does system update it says same error code again.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Angelw06,

We appreciate your response,

• What error message do you see on your TV screen?
  • Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Angelw06
Channel Surfer

Roku cast can not be installed,  I only have a 15g hot spot on my cell phone. So I screen share almost everything I watch on to my TV.  

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Angelw06,

The supported app must be installed on your mobile device and your Roku streaming device to use casting. You must also connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device.

How to cast from a supported channel

To begin casting, you must install the channel and matching mobile app and start playback. Refer to the instructions below for help.

1. If not already installed, add the channel to your Roku device.
  2. Install the matching mobile app on your phone or tablet.
  3. Launch the app on your mobile device. You do not need to open the matching channel on your Roku device to begin casting.
  4. Select the casting icon from inside the mobile app. The casting icon may not appear with some apps until you begin playback on your mobile device.
  5. Select your Roku device from the list of available devices on your phone or tablet.
  6. The channel will launch automatically on your Roku device, and playback of the content will begin. When casting to channels that support profiles (e.g., Netflix), you may need to select your profile with your Roku remote before playback will begin.

During playback, you can use your mobile device to find and begin casting another program, do something entirely different, or turn it off completely—all without affecting playback on your Roku device.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Angelw06
Channel Surfer

What supported app? I have had this tv for 8 years and have smart view already installed on my phone. I have been screen sharing to this TV for 8 years and have never had to have a app on phone nor TV while having to use wifi. The smart view still works on my other TV I have. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Angelw06,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We'd like to know more about the issue that you're experiencing with screen mirroring. Would you mind telling us what the Android version of your phone is? When did the issue start? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

You can also refer to this support article on how to screen mirror your Android or Windows phone to your Roku streaming device.

We look forward to hearing from you soon, and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos