Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DagwoodBumstead
Reel Rookie

Rumble app on Roku now showing ads?

Jump to solution

I log into my Rumble account through the Rumble app tile on Roku.  Starting yesterday Rumble is now forcing me to watch an advertisement prior to the video (similar to what Youtube does).  This ONLY happens when watching on the Roku Rumble app, not on the computer or phone Rumble sites.  What is going on?  Why is this only happening on Roku?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Rumble app on Roku now showing ads?

Jump to solution

You need to ask Rumble. Once you're within a specific app/channel, Roku has no control over what you see. Anything that happens within the app itself is under Rumble's control. Just like in YouTube, Google is in complete control of the ads shown on that app/channel.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
atc98092

Jump to solution

You need to ask Rumble. Once you're within a specific app/channel, Roku has no control over what you see. Anything that happens within the app itself is under Rumble's control. Just like in YouTube, Google is in complete control of the ads shown on that app/channel.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@DagwoodBumstead 

Rumble is apparently going to start transitioning to some ads on certain videos.  They started running a promo for ad-free/premium experience a couple of weeks ago on their site. ($10/mo or $100 year).

I kind of liked the ad-reads that most of the live streamers had available to them, so not really sure how this new avenue works yet.  Actually, a few of the creators I watch are also kind of confused so I don't think it has been effectively communicated how this is going to be implemented. 

I haven't seen any of the pre-roll or mid-break ads yet for the creators I watch.

https://rumblefaq.groovehq.com/help/i-would-like-to-see-no-ads-in-rumble-com

https://rumblefaq.groovehq.com/help

rumble_premium_ad_free.png

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

DagwoodBumstead
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you!  I did hear about that.  I am puzzled because it only occurs when I watch Rumble via Roku and not on the Rumble site on a computer or phone.  These ads seem to be exclusive to the Roku app for some reason.  Well, I might as well go back to watching Youtube now.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Even though they write and maintain their apps on multiple platforms, that doesn’t guarantee that they keep the apps identical on all of them.  Some apps may be ahead on updates or their may be things about the environment that differ.  For example, a browser user is much more likely to be using some ad/content blocker.  (In fact, if you happen to have one of those, you could be blocking ads without even realizing it.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Dimebag

Jump to solution

I get two ads at the front of videos when connecting to Rumble via browser on laptop. This has been the case for a while. Up until a couple days ago never had ads run on Roku app.

Just checked and Iphone app has two ads preceding as well. I rarely have connected to Rumble via their app so not sure what it was previous to today.

Do you have ad blockers running on any of your devices?

DagwoodBumstead
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Interesting, thank you, I have never before had pre-video ads on either the Roku app or the Rumble website.  This is while being logged in with a free account.  I have always seen the ads when not logged in.  I don't use the Rumble app outside of my Roku TV.  I've already abandoned other channels when they decided to extort you to pay to get rid of ads.  I can accept ad banners on a page, but not before every freaking video.  Guess I can ad Rumble to the list.

I use Vivaldi browser with intrinsic ad blocker.  There is no ad blocker for Roku that I know of.

0 Kudos
mrlyn60

Jump to solution

I was disappointed when they applied auto play to the videos with no option to disable it (my broadband is metered), and now forced ads... or pay up.  I don't mind the ads from the video creators and have patronized many of the channel's sponsors because it helps and motivates them to put out their great work.  But Rumble extorting the channel's videos to amp up their own bottom line is a deal killer for me and will certainly reduce video view counts.  It's why I ditched YouTube, and at least they have a top-notch app platform while Rumble's is mediocre, at best.  It wouldn't surprise me at all that Rumble's greed and platform that resembles something from the 1990's may very well be the means to their demise.  Too bad.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.