Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Head_Unit
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku updated and have lost all my Antenna channels.

Jump to solution

this is at least the 2nd annoying time this has happened. Fortunately, I fixed it by my genius move of bumbling around. Hiding the streaming channels actually did not hide them at all-?!? But eventually I went into the Settings --> Live TV --> edit to hide the individual channels. And there the antenna channels showed, and were coming in fine. More poking the L/R control and the hiding list on the left went away. Then pressing the left button showed...the channel list, including the antenna channels!

Because another thing is, with a weak antenna situation for the moment, I do not not NOT want to re-scan, that will screw me. 

0 Kudos
MrsNut
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Im glad that worked for you. PRIOR to even submitting the issue I had tried that. It literally hides my streaming channels. So in doing that my choices are streaming channels OR hide them & have antenna. I have 3 different brands of Roku TV is Samsung Westinghouse and they're of different ages and they all do the same thing. To watch I do want to have to go through settings to hide or not my channels. Favoriting or editing them does nothing. The countless people who have the issue means they need to figure it out. Like other companies I can see a class action suit happen if it continues 

0 Kudos
MrsNut
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

My antenna channels did the same. Mods contacted asking for all my TV info and software, haven't heard zip from them since. Work around is a pain in the ..... you have to go into settings, and find hide streaming, then you can see your antenna channels. That's a load of garbage being when you first set up the tv it's there. It's there on my other tvs, and since some type of genius did some type of change, the antenna channels are playing hide and seek. This should be addressed, being so many people have the issue instead of ignored. I'm planning on just getting new TV's because it's just not worth the headache if ROKU isn't going to fix anything

0 Kudos
MrsNut
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have not had any update nor have I found any info on here regarding the disappearing antenna channels. Does ROKU plan on fixing this in the near future? To watch TV I should NOT have to go in settings, hide streaming to watch something antenna, and vice versa. That is not what I paid for nor is it what any of us had when we set up our sets. IF ROKU allows for antenna tv, and scans for OTA channels, then it should provide such without having to hunt for the channels as it did upon set up. I find that ROKU not addressing this and providing any type of update is in very poor taste and shows disregard to the people who keep you in business. Please post some type of reasonable explanation or reasonable update on this issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MrsNut,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We're sorry for any inconvenience that it may have caused. That's not what we aim for. Please be aware that the team is hard at work investigating the issue; we still haven't received any feedback back as of the moment, but rest assured that we'll send the update once we have it.

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nells65
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This really is a pain in the @ss. I hope they fix it soon. Looks like months have gone by and still the same issue! 

MrsNut
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

May be you should hire more experienced people. Not to be rude, but this issue has been going on for a very long time and affects many people. We've all given the hint it was after an update. I for some reason with all the technology out there don't understand why your "team" can't figure it out

0 Kudos
TV15

Jump to solution

Any updates on this? I tried resetting my network connection and that worked for a few days, but then it stopped working and I’m still not getting antenna channels

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We appreciate your time posting here in the Roku Community!

@MrsNut, we have sent a follow-up regarding updates on this issue. Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

@Nells65 @TV15,

We understand you're also having a problem with the antenna channels that are not showing. We would be pleased to help you even more. Please try going to Settings > System > Power (if this isn't an option, please skip this step)> System Restart on your Roku device to correctly restart the device. Once done, please try to rescan the local channels.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                          Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MrsNut
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Seriously?? That's the best you can do? I mean not like I didn't trouble shoot prior to sending the fact that I along with countless others are having the same issue. So yeah, no that's not a viable solution. What an insulting type of  solution. 

0 Kudos