Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simms
Channel Surfer

Roku skipping episodes and repeating sequences

Been watching 4-5 episodes of Macleoud's Daughters once a week. It has "jumped"(thereby missing), episodes in the past, but yesterday was extra "weird". Went from end of S5,E32 to S5,E110, then to E116, then to E135., and finally to S6,E1, when I shut it off. Also, scenes in some of these episodes were way out of sequence and also repeated in other episodes. Anyone else have similar problems? Thanks for any suggestions.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku skipping episodes and repeating sequences

Hey @Simms

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Does the issue only occur on a specific content/channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? On what app you're accessing Macleoud's Daughters? Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Simms
Channel Surfer

Using a Roku Express-purchased at Christmas at WalMart(special unit). Tuned to Roku channel. Be advised only other channels I have watched was IMDB (for about 10 episodes of "Sea Patrol", and it skipped a bit. When commercials became "too much", I switched watching it to Hulu. Also had a slight bit of "running the show on" after I shut TV down. As an episode is displaying its closing credits, is when I click my device to "Home Page", and then shut down my TV, and computer system. Thank you for any assistance

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Simms

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your concerns and information that you have provided to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Misa

Having same problem with this series.  Finished Season 3 and when I went to 4 is started having ads. I have subscription with Acorn and should have ads.  Also, when I get out and go back in it brings to Season3 Episode 22.  Also no close caption anymore.

0 Kudos
db65

McLoed's Daughters Series

So I've been watching the McLoed's Daughters series and the series is out of sequence (especially in Series 7)  also the series has several episodes linked to the Dove Channel.  Would be nice if they were in order..... 

0 Kudos
jamb

McLoeds Daughters Episodes out of order

Starting with season 5 through 8 there are SEVERAL episodes out of order due to the way they episode is numbered.   I have also had episodes that came up as pay channels, so could not watch those either.  It is very disheartening to miss episodes or watch them out of order.    Please fix this for others that will be watching this wonderful series.  thank you

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: McLoeds Daughters Episodes out of order

@jamb 

Has been reported to be an issue since March or April of 2022 re: McLeods Daughters.

Just watch it on Crackle (free channel).  These are all in order there and playing correctly.  Disregard the Season number as the episodes are in chronological order so Season 5 actually contains Season 4 episodes but they are all playing in correct order. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_McLeod%27s_Daughters_episodes#Season_5)

Unfortunately, when issues like this arise, Roku of late does little to address this despite statements to the contrary. (ie. "the appropriate team will look into this.")  Best course of action is to look for another channel that is playing the content correctly and let the Community know.

It is still appreciated though when users post occurences like this so others can be given a heads up and helped as well.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: McLoeds Daughters Episodes out of order

@jamb 

Thanks for the post.

Please note that we are already aware of this issue and I have passed along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. 

Once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Barbarag21

my Roku tcl tv keeps skipping and and repeating whenever I watch the Stephen colbert show on CBS NY. 
but only this show. 

0 Kudos