Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku not playing anything after Starz added

Purchased Starz, watched Starz and Roku channel for 2 days. Now neither will play anything. I have removed, restarted and reloaded both several times as suggested and neither will work. I click on what I want to watch, it will say "loading" then change to play. After clicking "play" it will go blank then come back up saying "loading" and then change to "play" ... when clicked its starts the whole process again.

1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku not playing anything after Starz added

Hi @mellowdaiz1

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If your Roku device is not playing anything after Starz was added, there could be a few reasons for this issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can follow to resolve this problem:

• Check your internet connection: Make sure that your Roku device is connected to the internet and that your connection is stable.
  • Restart your Roku device: Try restarting your Roku device by the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.  
  • Remove and re-add the Starz channel: Remove the Starz channel from your Roku device and then add it back again. We suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart. 
  • Update your Roku software: Make sure that your Roku device is running the latest software version. To check for updates, go to the Roku home screen, select "Settings", and then select "System" followed by "System update".

I hope this helps you resolve the issue with your Roku device not playing anything after Starz was added.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos