Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
currah
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku no longer supporting VidAngel

Jump to solution

Instead of throw them away give them away.  Roku would prefer you throw them away because it won't cost them anything like giving them away might.

Lakej

Jump to solution

I’ll be looking to replace all of my Roku devices if they can’t figure out a way to allow access to Vid Angel. Vid Angel is where I watch the majority of my entertainment. So disappointing Roku. 

jsnoy

Jump to solution

The Vidangel app on my ROKU TV disappeared yesterday 25 February.  I will try casting and if that does not work buy another device and discontinue using ROKU.

Dad4Ever

Jump to solution

I’m very disappointed in the decision to drop VidAngel from the Roku platform. I don’t know just what would be required to add it back, but please fix this. We’re looking for an alternative solution to make it work, but we’ll move to AppleTV for our next purchase if we don’t see movement on this issue.

Amma
Reel Rookie

Re: VidAngel not supported?? Why??

Jump to solution

Exactly. Me, too. We are hardcore Vidangel users. PAY ATTENTION, ROKU!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Dad4Ever wrote:

I don’t know just what would be required to add it back, ...

The only way it will come back is if Roku will certify their channel. Non-certified channels are gone, and highly unlikely to return.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

They just lost so many customers with removing all that they did! I got for sure no longer using Roku. Dumbass’s 

Alaaji

Jump to solution

I'm using my Google Chromecast with Android tv from here on out until Roku wakes up.

MichaelNC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I will NEVER support Roku, you Greedy WOKE piece of TRASH. So sick of these huge corporations "Deciding" what is best for ME. I promise you anything ROKU we have will go in the TRASH, the exact same place most of your decisions should go. And for you to just totally remove the app from my menu is a SCUM move. You deserve EVERYTHING you have coming. Time to SHORT Roku stock in a BIG way

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@MichaelNC I think you're out of line. You act like Roku took this action directly against VidAngel. If you read more than a few of the posts, you will see that Roku removed support for ALL non-certified channels. This was not an attack against VidAngel or any other specific channel. For legal reasons, Roku removed all support for any channel not available in their channel store. The private channel process was being greatly abused by some developers, and Roku really didn't have any choice but to shut it down. The Roku end user agreement states that non-certified (private) channels are unsupported and could be removed without warning at any time. As it is, Roku gave channel developers more than 90 days advance notice.

Now as to why Roku won't certify VidAngel, that is a fair question, and one I'd like to know as well. But it will never be answered here in this forum, because the company only provides this as a community for users to share information and sometimes get assistance. But this is not a tech support forum, and it is not a valid conduit to provide feedback to the company. 

If you do decide to get rid of your Roku devices, please recycle them responsibly. Regardless if you sell or give them away, make sure you perform a factory reset to remove all your personal information, and log into your Roku user account and remove the device from your account. This protects you and your information from theft. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.