Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nmashe1
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku no audio with Sling OTA channels

Here's the info as requested  It happens on any OTA channel or sub channel, regardless of signal strength, or if the broadcast frequency is VHF/UHF.  

Deleting and reinstalling the Sling channel (App) on the Roku device didn't resolve the problem.  I've also rescanned channels with AirTV2 box. 

This problem cannot be replicated when accessing OTA channels through Sling App on Android device or on my newer LG TV that allows OTA channel integration through native Sling App. 

Issue report tracker

Model: 4801RW-Roku Ultra

Serial number: X01000R5MLRS

Device ID: (SODD3295MLR5)

Software version: 12.0.0 build 4184-DE

GC version: 9.2.113

Timestamp: 2023-05-24T14:49:00Z

Please use issue ID R5-206-809 to report the current issue.

0 Kudos
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Hi @Mmathy03 @Nmashe1

Thank you for the follow up and providing us with your information. 

We have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

We will be in touch with you once we have more information.

Best regards,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
brutus2
Reel Rookie

After about 6 weeks with this Roku/Sling audio issue a community moderator finally sent our concerns to the Roku team on Friday 5-26-23. And just like that without me doing anything on my end,( Abra Cadabra! Shazam!) Saturday morning 5-27-23 my audio issue was resolved.

0 Kudos
dwajda
Channel Surfer

Thanks brutus2!!!! My issue was resolved too for now. (5/28) Two questions for Roku 1) why do you always blame the app provider (i.e., Sling in this case)? & 2) why did it take so long for you to forward it to troubleshooters?

0 Kudos
Mmathy03
Reel Rookie

Thank you @RokuArvyS !

0 Kudos
Eve6

I just did the reset process without deleting anything and it worked for me. Thank you so much!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.