Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsmochek
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku no audio with Sling OTA channels

I had the same problem starting in April. Work around. I have a a smart TV which has the Sling app. I select the Sling app ( not using Roku) and it works fine every time. Roku has an issue.

0 Kudos
n5csu

This does not work. I’ve tried it on two Rokus and both exhibit the same problem. Oftentimes the OTA channels have no audio. If you change the channel to a streaming channel, then switch back to an OTA channel, the audio returns. It sounds like an Air TV problem to me. Has anyone let Sling AirTv folks know?

0 Kudos
dwajda
Channel Surfer

I concur with n5csu. This is not a Roku issue. It's an AirTv2 issue. The earlier workaround switching to non-OTA and switching back to OTA (sometimes multiple times) works for now, but not a longterm fix. Yet another list of issues with Sling & AirTv. If it wasn't for the price, I would have switched to YTTV. 

0 Kudos
rsmochek
Reel Rookie

Then why does it work without any issues, when I access Sling/Airtv through my Smart TV?

brutus2
Reel Rookie

I still think this is a Roku issue because I have this problem on four difference Roku's and I don't have this problem on my Fire stick TV or my android tablet that get there signal from the same AIR TV and router. The work around of opening a streaming App in Sling first then opening my local channels does work for now.

RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Hey Community users,

Thank you for posting on Roku Community.

We understand that you're experiencing an audio issue when playing the Sling/AirTV channel on Roku. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:
• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
• does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
• steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mmathy03
Reel Rookie

Roku/Sling Airtv Issue

TV TCL

Model - 55S20

Hardware - UD C147X

Serial number - X00000T8DY7K

Software Version 12.0.0 build 4182-93

Device ID - S04KH078DY7K

Software OS/Version

Channel - Sling TV- Over Air Channels (OTA)

Version 8.73

Build- 8458

Tracker ID:

Model: C147x

Serial number:X00000T8DY7k (S04KH078DY7K)

Software version:12.0.0 build 4182-93

GC Version 9.2.113

Time stamp: 2023-05-23T12:33:03Z

ISSUE ID: 7K-205-233

My TV is hardwired via Ethernet cable and hooked up to a sling air TV Box

Model AIRTV2 P/N 216140 FCCID DKN-ATV2

SN: R5KWMF41495M

This issue does not happen on my TV with a fire stick. When we try to watch local OTA stations we lose sound every time we turn the TV on. Sometimes we can hit the back button and or change channels and come back and we get sound again and sometimes nothing works.

@RokuArvyS 

Please fix!

Thanks!

joeclark
Channel Surfer

If you have already tried various troubleshooting steps, including resetting your Roku device, using a new Roku device, resetting your Airtv2, using a new HDMI cable, and even using a new antenna, but you're still not receiving audio on your Roku device, here are a few additional suggestions you can try:

1. Audio settings on Roku: Ensure that the audio settings on your Roku device are correctly configured. Go to Settings > Audio > HDMI and make sure the correct audio output option is selected. You can try changing the audio output from "Auto" to "Stereo" or "Dolby Digital" to see if that resolves the issue.

2. Audio settings on the TV: Check the audio settings on your TV as well. Make sure the TV's audio settings are not set to an incompatible option or muted. Adjust the volume and check if the audio works properly on other devices connected to your TV.

3. Audio cables and connections: Double-check all the audio cables and connections between your Roku device, Airtv2, and your TV. Ensure they are securely plugged in and not damaged. You can also try using different audio cables to eliminate the possibility of a faulty cable causing the issue.

4. Check with your service provider: If you are using a cable or satellite service, it's worth contacting your service provider to check if there are any known issues or configurations that might be causing the audio problem specifically with your setup.

5. Factory reset Roku: As a last resort, you can try performing a factory reset on your Roku device. Keep in mind that this will erase all settings and preferences on your Roku, so you will need to set it up again from scratch. To perform a factory reset, go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.

If none of these suggestions resolve the audio issue, it's recommended to reach out to Roku support or the manufacturer of your Airtv2 for further assistance. They will have more specialized knowledge about their products and can provide you with more specific troubleshooting steps or guide you through additional solutions.

0 Kudos
Mmathy03
Reel Rookie

Yes all of these things have been tried and as you can see from the many posts with the same problem this is a Roku issue. I do not have this issue with the Firestick. 

And I thought I was reaching out to Roku support. Why did the last person ask for all the technical information if this wasn’t support? They said”Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.”

Please provide information on how to reach support. 

This is happening to 13 different customers of mine that use Sling and Roku devices. All 3 are fine when switching to the sling app on their smart TVs and from the android app on their phones.

I moved them to fire sticks to fix the issue since this is going on a month and it seems nobody is going to fix it.

Just saying my piece here, but I don't care if this is sling making a bad app on Roku or Roku making a change that broke slings app. When you have a month of customer complaints and you can't tell customers why YOUR hardware is the ONLY one having issues....that isn't slings fault.

Roku could at least say Sling is no longer compatible until they upgrade their app. They won't even do that. So I won't be recommending Roku to my customers anymore. 

Looks like I get to make some unwanted money ripping everyone's Rokus out and replacing them with Fire sticks. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.