Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zawis1

Re: Roku keeps logging me out of Youtube TV

Thanks it seemed to have corrected the issue and worked for me.  

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @zawis1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing your feedback about this and we're glad to hear that this has been addressed on your end.

If you feel like the issue, came back again feel free to drop in.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Billchuck
Reel Rookie

Seems that since lg gets paid to carry the apps they don’t like you to bypass their revenue streams with a Roku.  Making it as annoying as possible to use 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Billchuck!

Thank you for sharing your input with us.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you are having the same as what this thread is about and we'd be more than happy to offer some troubleshooting methods for you to try. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

That’s a bit presumptuous. Based on your logic along, you cannot conclude that the issue at hand does NOT have anything to do with Youtube & DOES have everything to do with Roku. If that were true, how would you explain this exact issue also happening to individuals streaming the YouTube tv app via Fire Sticks, on Apple TVs & other streaming devices/platforms? Are those the fault of Roku as well?According to your logic they are! The logic 🤯

I say they COULD BE but do NOT HAVE TO BE.  

0 Kudos

That’s a bit presumptuous. Based on your logic along, you cannot conclude that the issue at hand does NOT have anything to do with Youtube & DOES have everything to do with Roku. If that were true, how would you explain this exact issue also happening to individuals streaming the YouTube tv app via Fire Sticks, on Apple TVs & other streaming devices/platforms? Are those the fault of Roku as well?According to your logic they are! The logic 🤯

I say they COULD BE but do NOT HAVE TO BE.  

0 Kudos

How would you explain it happening to my dad with his YouTube tv app he streams via Amazon Fire Stick or my boyfriend on his Apple TV? That’s obviously NOT a Roku ignoring their problems problem, so when ONE particular app has issue happening on several different roku models(seemingly all at one point or another but not ALWAYS) and Fire Sticks(I read forum on this issue with Fire Sticks & Apple TVs too)& with Apple TVs, which is the COMMON denominator here because you know what they say about the common denominators in reference to figuring out who plays what role when problems arise? 🤷‍♀️ Just an observation. 

0 Kudos
Billchuck
Reel Rookie

I’m blaming my LG TV, not the Roku.  

0 Kudos
wekjo
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku keeps jumping to home screen

I think I was the person who enlarged this thread from the issue being just about youtube, to all the channels jumping to home screen. 4 days later and still the same on both my roku's. One on a hitachi dumb flat screen, the other on a samsung smart flat panel, both of which previous to 1 29 24 worked fine. While I will go back and check it every few days I have switched to chromecast. I again warn folks to get the real one not the dumbed down walmart ONN version. Also from past experience ONN products are subject to 30 day return and you have to send them to ONN to get a refund. Roku WAS a good product for years and I think the problem is buried in that last system upgrade of 1 25 24.

0 Kudos