Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 2 EXACT SAME TV's, one lost all my Youtube premium account!

I am also experiencing the same, on multiple devices. This is extremely frustrating. i do not experience this with other devices such as the Amazon fire stick or Apple TV. Come on, Roku.  

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hello @Barcodepiglet

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

Have you tried removing the channel and see if it helps? If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and re-install it. 

To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.

Once installed, re-authenticate or sign in to the channel and observe if the issue still occurs frequently. If so, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

Regards, 
Nimfa 

0 Kudos
phennessey
Channel Surfer

The Roku I was having issues with was possibly underpowered. I have it plugged into its own dedicated power with the wall wart and my issues seem to have cleared up.

The unit requires a 2A (2000 mA) power circuit. If you've plugged your Roku into a USB outlet on your TV, it is almost certainly underpowered, since TV USB outlets don't typically come in 2A (2000 mA). Read the label next to your USB output on your TV and you will likely see between 500-800 mA. This is not enough for the Roku Stick! It might "work" but being chronically underpowered will have all kinds of unintended consequences.

So, all of you in this thread should double check your Roku USB input, and make sure you're giving it enough power.

0 Kudos
Dwheaton

Re: Roku keeps logging me out of Youtube TV

I’m having the very same issue. I’ve been out of town and my husband keeps calling me to walk him through signing back on to YT tv. The first time I said how did it get logged off to begin with? He had no answer. We also have an LG tv and my other tv’s aren’t having this issue. I mean we’ve had that roku for a few years and it’s just starting to do this? It’s very frustrating!

0 Kudos
phennessey
Channel Surfer

Make sure your Roku is not underpowered. See what the amperage requirement is. If you're using your TV's USB port, this may not be enough.

0 Kudos
NoSoup4You

Danny, you're not listening... I also use 3 Roku devices, only one logs me out constantly. Not only annoying, but you must reset all your options (captions etc) everytime because they go back to default. I've checked for updates, nothing. Tried a reset, no go. The Roku "development team" needs to spend a little time to figure this out, please.

wekjo
Reel Rookie

Youtube account forgetting

I posted a complaint about a year ago reference one of my rokus "forgetting" my log on information for youtube, and only youtube. I have two TVs and problem only occured on one of them, pain in the ass to recall password AND type stuff in via remote. I had bought my gal pal a 4K TV and along with it a 4K Roku with the volume and on/off features. The 4K roku turned out to be a big pain, constant issues between the sound bar remote, roku remote, and the TV's Samsung remote. so I bought her another 4K roku but without those features, the "Amish" version I guess. I brought the 4K deluxe rig to my house and hooked to my HD TV which had the "memory" issue roku on it. It says on the Roku website you can do this but in the real world you can't. You must flip the TV screen setting back and forth between "dynamic" and "wide" and some sites just don't work period, After much farting around I ended up with both the old rokus re-installed, but switched between TVs, and since I have had no more memory issues. Serendipity! They are both powered by USB ports on the TVs.

0 Kudos
phennessey
Channel Surfer

Are you powering it from a USB port on your TV? Those are often not enough to properly power a Roku. The Roku streaming stick requires 2000 mA power from the USB port, but my TV only provides a max of 800mA, which is not enough!

Make sure it's getting enough power first. If it doesn't, weird things can happen.

0 Kudos
phennessey
Channel Surfer

Re: Youtube account forgetting

Are you powering your Rokus from a USB port on your TV? Those are often not enough to properly power a Roku. The Roku streaming stick requires 2000 mA power from the USB port, but my TV only provides a max of 800mA, which is not enough!

Check the power requirements on your Rokus. If your TV's usb hubs don't put out enough power, you'll get all kinds of problems. I have my Roku plugged directly into the 2 amp (2000mA) adapter that it came with, and it's plugged directly into the wall. All my problems went away after that.

TV USB ports are chronically underpowered. Hopefully that changes, but until then, always power your Roku from the wall wart.

0 Kudos
Beebs

It did the same to me and I tried everything. I finally deleted the app off my tv. Then I added it again. It prompted me to activate my account with a code they gave me. It worked.  

0 Kudos