Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jettywolf

2 EXACT SAME TV's, one lost all my Youtube premium account!

out of the blue, one of the two exactly same TV's looses all info so no viewing of my Youtube premium account, doesn't even recognize me or my Youtube accounts. the EXACT same 2nd TV works fine. So sick of Roku, it has a way of throwing things like this often. All I care about is Youtube. Just says sign in to my Google constantly. I have no idea what my password is for my google acct. And do not what to screw everything up. RUKU REALLY SUCKS with zero customer care. It's Roku, because the 2nd TV works fine.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: 2 EXACT SAME TV's, one lost all my Youtube premium account!

@jettywolf @gendres

Thanks for the post.

Have you re-authenticated the Youtube channel on the TV you are experiencing the issue with? If you are having issue authenticating that channel, you'll want to contact the channel provider as they would best be able to assist you with that. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Roku keeps logging me out of Youtube TV

Same - Absoultely driving us crazy for the past week. I have updated everything (nothing needed it, but I deleted Youtube TV app and checked for all updates any way on TV and Roku).  Using LG TV with Roku Streaming Stick

2 Roku tv's work with Youtube TV app perfectly; mobile devices work; LG TV smart tv works --- meaning I stay signed in to Youtube TV 

LG TV with Roku Streaming Stick started requiring authentication every time app is accessed last week --- meaning if TV off and we turn back on to go to Youtube TV, my husband has to call me at work to authenticate on my Google account!!!! We found a workaround --- just use the LG smart tv with Youtube TV app and Magic Remote --- works like it is suppose to.  But defeats the purpose of our Roku stick and apps! And I had to explain to my husband to use 2 remotes; 2 interfaces; etc.....  HELP! 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Robbinsm5123

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure to restart the Roku device before adding the channel back again, specifically in that order.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having that problem right now. I still have cable tv and no problems getting on all my paid apps/channels, no problem on my bedroom TV that has Fire TV stick....just on my roku express that is also on my living room TV where I still have cable! Sometimes when cable goes out I use the roku.

It's really frustrating and aggravating and I think I will just have to switch to Fire TV stick on my living room tv...plus it controls the TV volume which is a big plus and I don't need all that BS that Roku has. I only watch my paid channels anyway. I have Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney+, Paramount and YouTube Premium. I hate commercials so I wouldn't watch the free channels anyway.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @floridaforever

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on Youtube TV or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Youtube TV and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

BVr0ku
Reel Rookie

I have 3 Roku devices. One of them is exhibiting this problem of logging me out of Youtube TV.  Started infrequently, once a week or so.  Now it does it every time I turn off the TV.  Swapped Roku devices on another TV and the problem follows the Roku device.  I attempted the steps of:  delete the youtube TV app, do the system/power/restart, and then reinstall the youtube TV app.  It did not help.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @BVr0ku 

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

Please be advised that the channel developer themselves maintains channels on Roku. We suggest reaching out to YouTube TV's customer support directly to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. 

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
wekjo
Reel Rookie

YouTube works fine on my PCs. On my tablet. On my phone. And on my bedroom TV. It keeps signing me out 0f my account on my living room TV. please don't tell me there is something wrong with YouTube, there is something wrong with Roku in living room. 

0 Kudos
BVr0ku
Reel Rookie

I finally resolved by doing a complete factory reset on the Roku and a complete reconfigure.   Has resolved and has worked ever since.  Kind of wonder if there is a memory leak somewhere that does not clear with just the suggested power restarts, etc..  The complete factory reset resolved for my situation.

0 Kudos