Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku keeps logging me out of Youtube TV

For the last several weeks Roku has been logging me out of Youtube TV.  I called Youtube TV a few weeks ago but the problem doesn't seem to be on their end.  I also tried all of the recommended fixes listed on the forum (i.e. unplug Roku, remove all the apps and add back Youtube TV, clear the cache) and nothing seems to work.  It keeps asking me to login every other day or so (it is random).  It is very frustrating.

My Model is 3600X and software version is 9.4.0, build 4200-24.

38 REPLIES 38
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku keeps logging me out of Youtube TV

@RajunCajun1

Thanks for the post.

Have you reached out to the channel provider directly yet to inquiry further? Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube TV support here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
caljw
Reel Rookie

I also have this problem: random log-outs from YouTube TV.  Only happens on Roku Express, other TVs are fine.  

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@caljw

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube TV support here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tim28

I have three Roku’s. 2 express and 1 ultra. Only one of them is continuously logging me out of YouTube tv the other two have stayed connected without issue. All were setup at same time with same account. I think it’s a defect in some Roku devices. 

phennessey
Channel Surfer

This never happened with my Roku Premiere, but now it happens all the time with my Roku Streaming Stick.

So no, this is not an issue with the YouTube channel. It is an issue with your product, as has been demonstrated multiple times in this thread by people who are getting different behavior using different Roku products.

Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @phennessey, we understand how being repetitively asked to sign in can be frustrating, but don't worry we are here to help. As @RokuDanny-R has mentioned earlier in this thread, Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube TV support directly. You can reach Youtube TV support here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745. If you have any other questions feel free to reply to this post or send us a private message directly. We're always happy to help.

0 Kudos
Tunkle

You people at Roku don't listen.  It is stated in the thread multiple times that this has nothing to do with the app and happens only on certain devices people are using.  I have it happening only on one device that was just installed.  I have Rokus on 3 other TVs and direct connection with the App and they never log out.  This is clearly a ROKU issue which you are ignoring.

lohphat
Streaming Star

Different models of Roku may run different versions of the YouTube app. Each model Roku has a potential for being different enough to run a different version of the YT app. 

Go check the app version in the YT app settings and compare. Perhaps the Roku with the problem has a bug and hasn’t been patched yet by YT, not Roku, making an update available. 

0 Kudos
gendres

I've had the same problem recently with my TCL Roku TV.  I've had this TV for about 4 and 1/2 years.  The YouTube channel app has worked fine until the past few days   Suddenly, YouTube is logging me out multiple times in a day.  I got tired of signing back in every time and finally deleted the YouTube channel app from my TV.  It's amazing how much more time I have for other, more important things now.  Thank you YouTube for demonstrating to me what a huge waste of time you have been.  I really appreciate having the time back!