Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kfarooquie
Channel Surfer

Re: NFL App says Something went wrong

Literally the ONLY way I have now finally been able to bypass this was to sign into my Roku as a Guest and download the Channel again.

I tried the NFL app on Multiple TVs in the house and ALL are giving me the same error.

Why is ROKU saving my login credentials across ALL devices and where is it storing it so I can change it!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you keeping us in the loop, @kfarooquie.

For clarification, when you troubleshot the issue, did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting.

If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove restart re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again.

We also suggest restarting from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) > System restart.

Note: If you do not restart your device after removing the app/channel, cached data/settings for the app remain behind, and it will behave the same as before when reinstalled.

Please keep us posted on how it works for you this time.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kfarooquie
Channel Surfer

Yes I did.  Not only as you mentioned but more ...as I mentioned a complete Factory Reset of my Roku TV

Even after signing into Roku TV in Guest mode I was able to log into my new NFL premium account but Roku does not recognize the subscription.

I have now cancelled NFL+ for the second time after paying for it multiple times and got Youtube TV instead.

In conclusion NFL+ is horrendous irrespective of platform (phone or computer or TV) and NFL+ and Roku simply DO NOT work together...

Awful experience

0 Kudos
Jcalkins

I've had the exact same issue going on two years. The NFL Roku app asks you to accept it's terms and conditions but when click the "Accept" button it just says "something went wrong" and won't let you use the app. Tried NFL support, Roku support, Reddit forums and every possible combination of resetting/reinstalling. The NFL Roku app is broken and neither Roku nor the NFL care to fix it. Finally gave up and hooked up my laptop to the TV so I can use the NFL website to watch replays. 

Roku and NFL both suck and theres nothing we can do about it other than not use their devices or services, which we won't give up, so we're stuck.

Unless someone knows a celebrity that can publicly embarrass the NFL into helping? That's probably a long shot...

0 Kudos
oh_nah

Re: NFL Not Using Cable Authentication

Registered to say fix this please.  I exclusively stream, and everything else streams fine 1080p+.  This problem is either with Roku or the NFL's inability to provision proper resources to stream content.

Roku has always worked for Plex, Emby, Netflix, Hulu, and others.  I suspect the NFL app was poorly optimized, or their content servers are weak.  Or both.

Edit: as of 2024/09/07, NFL.com's automated chat response says this: "Just a reminder, NFL+ is compatible with mobile and tablets exclusively. Ensure your NFL+ plan is active, and your device is ready."

So I guess that's that.  Unsubscribe and refund, personally.

0 Kudos
Bmjets

I keep getting kick out of the app

When I try to sign in on the app it keeps kicking me out of the app 

0 Kudos

NFL App Acting Up: Resetting Every Few Minutes

Don't you love how they mark these solved when there's still an issue?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku doesn’t recognize my NFL+ subscription

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Tobiah!

We'd be happy to be of assistance here and help you log into your NFL channel subscription on Roku.

Firstly, how are you accessing the NFL+ app? Is it directly from the standalone app or inside The Roku Channel? If you have a separate subscription within this app, we highly recommend logging into the standalone app using your credentials. 

Furthermore, please note that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication, and many Roku channels are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves. 

If you are having problems logging into your NFL+ subscription account on your Roku, we highly recommend coordinating with the service provider for further assistance. Roku simply hosts the channel on the platform and does not have direct management control over it.

You may reach them here: NFL+ Support

We hope you find this information helpful.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Steph313
Reel Rookie

Re: NFL app not loading on Roku box

It's been almost a year with the problem.  My subscription is running out so goodbye NFL.  During the year tried their chatbot...useless.  Emailed support...useless.  In the last email sent to the Zendesk managed support email I suggested that if a human were monitoring the channel to please respond with a human-like response.  Nope, got the same computer generated **bleep**.

0 Kudos
leighalden
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku doesn’t recognize my NFL+ subscription

I used the Roku NFL streaming channel to access my NFL+ Premium subscription last year.  Do not recall how I was able to gain access previously and cannot do so now?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.