Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku devices will not stream Spectrum app

All four of my roku devices will not stream the Spectrum app. I was on with tech support earlier today and they said the problem was with ISP and I needed to reboot my modem and router. Did that and no help. I then contacted Spectrum and they said it was a problem with Roku. So, is this a known problem?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku devices will not stream Spectrum app

Hi, @SpectrumUser123!

Welcome and thank you for reporting this issue here on the Roku Community!

We have noticed that you mentioned encountering an issue with your Spectrum app in your post. No need to worry, we are here to help you out with this matter. To begin, we need to have a better understanding of this issue so that we can properly assess it. Kindly provide us with the following information listed below:

• Could you please let us know which version of Spectrum TV you are currently using? To check Press Home > Settings > System > About.
  • Have you encountered an error message when attempting to access the channel?
  • You mentioned that you have already contacted Spectrum. What steps have you taken with them?

Meanwhile, you could try performing these troubleshooting steps.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step> Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this step will help, and once we have gathered the necessary information, it will be greatly helpful in assessing the issue accurately.

We will be waiting for your response.

Thanks,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ScottyDog

I've done all you've suggested. Only local channels (if you subscribe) can be viewed. I've checked all three (3) ROKUs I use. The problems started a few months ago with fuzzy picture on all channels, I'd clear up the issue with a forced app update. Then 2 weeks ago, all the higher channels stopped working and now all channels less the local channels time out and blue screen.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScottyDog 

The only app ROKU is directly responsible for is the ROKU channel. I'd suggest contacting spectrum.

ScottyDog

Remember this started the stream 4 weeks ago:

"All four of my roku devices will not stream the Spectrum app. I was on with tech support earlier today and they said the problem was with ISP and I needed to reboot my modem and router. Did that and no help. I then contacted Spectrum and they said it was a problem with Roku. So, is this a known problem?"

Contacting Spectrum starts the cycle over. I was hoping this community board would have better advise.

Stanleyr

So when all these recommendations are attempted and none of them fix the problem, what can be done?  Is Roku the wrong device if trying to stream the Spectrum app?

0 Kudos
Bgamende

I now have this same issue starting today. I've done all steps listed here several times throughout today. Still no Spectrum app available on any roku tvs. App is available on my phone using same router though. Now what?

0 Kudos
HawkSt

I have the same issue with my 3 Roku devices. It started today. I have tried all suggestions in the threads and noe of them solve the problem. Spectrum says it is a Roku issue?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @HawkSt!

We appreciate you reaching out for support and for trying to troubleshoot the Spectrum TV app on your Roku. We'd be happy to help you contact the right support for this. 

If this is an isolated case involving the Spectrum TV app exclusively, we strongly advise that you contact their Support team for further assistance and clarification as they manage and maintain their app on the Roku streaming platform independently.

You may reach them here: Spectrum Support

For future reference, you may also visit our support article dedicated to solving playback issues: How to resolve a channel playback issue

We hope this will be sorted out soon so you can get back on streaming.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.