Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku channel shows not playing

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts and your patience while we investigated the issue you are experiencing.

In order for us to better understand the issue you are experiencing, can you please provide us with the following information:

• where did you purchase you Roku TV
  • where did you activate your Roku TV
  • where are you currently located

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Siet
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

I purchased the Roku stick in the US (Amazon) and activated it in the US. I am currently using it in Ethiopia. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Siet,

Thanks for the information.

We understand that you have purchased and activated the device in the United State. Please be advised that The Roku Channel is currently available in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom on Roku streaming devices, web, and mobile, and in Mexico on Roku streaming devices only. The channel is not available in your region, where you are using the Roku device. For reference, you may refer to this link: How to get The Roku Channel

To learn more about the channel available in your region, we would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku streaming device?

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
A1rose

Unable to play anything on Roku channel

I live in the US Virgin Islands.
Roku channel will load fine but when trying to play a show or movie the page just refreshes, and does not go anywhere.

I have no issue with any other channel

i have rebooted all the things, uninstalled and reinstalled the channel. Everything that I could find online to do. Software is up to date. 

I am using a Hisense Roku TV. Model 58R6+

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Unable to play anything on Roku channel

Hi @A1rose 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos