Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bjohns1982

Roku Streaming Stick Ruined 2 of my TVs

Hello - we have 4 Roku streaming devices. One of our streaming stick plus devices was plugged into our Vizio tv. The TVs display completely stopped working so I had to replace the TV. I expected it was something wrong with the TV. I replaced it with another TV and now I have 2 televisions that are ruined. There was at one point an error thrown by the Roku that it was getting hot. When I saw that message I unplugged the device but have not seen it since the error message first appeared several months ago or maybe even over a year ago. I followed the instructions on the alert and Roku mailed me an extension to use. 

On both TVs now, even when I completely remove the Roku device I see no picture. Normally I would be able to rotate through the different inputs on the televisions and see which input I have selected on the display- that is not visible now. The displays appear to be ruined

I have tried getting support from Roku over Twitter through the Roku Support channel. I feel like I am talking to a BOT. This is terrible support. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streaming Stick Ruined 2 of my TVs

Hi @Bjohns1982

Welcome to Roku Community. 

We're sorry to hear about your experience with your Roku streaming stick and the issues with your TVs. While we do provide support for Roku devices, we recommend reaching out to the manufacturer of your TV for assistance with any options or suggestions they can provide. They will have more expertise in diagnosing and resolving issues with their specific products. 

Let us know if you need additional support. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
68-23

I have jumped on this question since my remote is also not working. The stick was warm for over a day so I unplugged tonight. I don’t think it’s any good anymore. I have a new Roku streaming stick would I be able to replace with this and not loose everything?  Also what about things I pay for like You Tube TV?.?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @68-23 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please be advised that Roku devices tend to go warm since it's always plugged in. You can try to troubleshoot the overheating by following the suggestions in this link: What to do if the red light is on or you see a “Your device is overheating” message. Also, for your Account & Billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here and then choose Accounts, payments & subscriptions. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

Let us know if you need more help. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos