Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two separate TV's/roku devices not syncing with one another

Jump to solution

I have a Hisence Roku TV in one room and a Sylvania TV in another room with two different Roku devices. I frequently flip flop TV's to watch the same channel, however, when I try to pick up where I left off on one TV, it does NOT sync to the other and I need to start watching my program from the beginning, which also means watching duplicate commercials AGAIN:( Please advice and thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Two separate TV's/roku devices not syncing with one another

Jump to solution

@jo-dash-anne 

If watching any sort of "LiveTV" programming, they will likely not be synced up. (each device off by a second or so.)  If you try to watch both TVs like this, often will get an echo/stereo experience so normally just mute one TV and let video play.

If you want to simply "continue watching/resume" on-demand content on another TV, make sure the Roku devices are all on the same Roku account (email address).  You can verify this in Settings/System/About.

Depending on the channel/app you are watching, you may have to look in the menu for a continue watching/resume section.  Sometimes, just clicking on the same movie/show will simply provide a pop-up message box with the option to "Resume from hr:min" or "Play from the beginning" selections.  Some channels/apps have no such feature so you are simply stuck with Fast Forwarding to your desired section.

For Roku Channel content, you can simply scroll down to the Continue Watching section and make your selection there.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jo-dash-anne 

If watching any sort of "LiveTV" programming, they will likely not be synced up. (each device off by a second or so.)  If you try to watch both TVs like this, often will get an echo/stereo experience so normally just mute one TV and let video play.

If you want to simply "continue watching/resume" on-demand content on another TV, make sure the Roku devices are all on the same Roku account (email address).  You can verify this in Settings/System/About.

Depending on the channel/app you are watching, you may have to look in the menu for a continue watching/resume section.  Sometimes, just clicking on the same movie/show will simply provide a pop-up message box with the option to "Resume from hr:min" or "Play from the beginning" selections.  Some channels/apps have no such feature so you are simply stuck with Fast Forwarding to your desired section.

For Roku Channel content, you can simply scroll down to the Continue Watching section and make your selection there.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Jump to solution

Thank you, AVS...

It's never LIVE TV where I resume watching a specific channel. I will double check your other suggestions though. The other day, I did sign in to a channel or streaming service, via my email, on the 2nd TV, which is normally the one I like to pick up where I left off, but I'm not sure if it was Youtube, Roku, Netflix, or what? And I have noticed that "Continue Watching" on Netflix, so I will continue trying to figure it out; I thought there might be an easy fix or something I overlooked doing...Thanks again!:)