Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markgeorg1234
Streaming Star

Spectrum App Guide - Just getting the spinning wheel of death

Interesting. I hate the Spectrum guide as it is. Gosh forbid you hit the guide a few minutes ahead of time. My problem is similar. I have spinning wheels but they are little blue ones. One starts at the top left corner and then another shows up right in the middle of the screen. The only way to get rid of them is to unplug the Roku TCL tv and start again. Spectrum support doesn’t have a clue. Anyone else with this issue? Is it a Roku or Spectrum thing?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Spectrum App Guide - Just getting the spinning wheel of death

Hi @markgeorg1234

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Ewtlong76
Reel Rookie

Re: Spectrum App Guide - Just getting the spinning wheel of death

I had an issue with the app several months ago after a recent Roku update.  App wouldn't play anything except the default channel and the spinning wheel would occur when trying to pull up the guide.  After allowing some time after the update install, all devices eventually did load up a EULA page in the app.  After agreeing to the EULA again the spectrum app started working correctly including the guide.  From what I remember it wasn't very long but did take some time.....maybe 30 min or so?  Hope this helps some. 

0 Kudos