Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcce

Roku OS14 is a Godsend for 4K HDR

For a while now, my Hisense Roku 4KTV couldn't handle HDR correctly in streaming apps. The color space was always really dim and whites would display as gray. This was just for streaming apps - anything connected via HDMI, like my UHD player, would display just fine.

Well, I just got the OS 14 update and they've finally fixed the issue with streaming apps. Now my 4K library on Vudu can be watched just fine, along with any HDR content on the other streaming apps.

So happy this has been fixed! Just wanted to share for anyone who was also having the HDR issue with streaming apps.

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku OS14 is a Godsend for 4K HDR

Welcome to the Roku Community, @marcce!

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us about the latest software version. 

Feel free to reach out anytime you need help or you may create a new post for different concerns. You may also visit our support website for additional troubleshooting resources. 

We hope you continue to have a Happy Streaming! 💜

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.