Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dolllovindude
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Media Player no longer finds media

It shows that I have a private message from you but I can't figure out how to open it. I also received an email. this is my response to that email.

They are MP4 files, that are supported. Any files I have added after this started show up, but the older ones don't. They are all the same type of files. I only use mp4's. If I move the file to a different folder it will show up to play. These are all files and folders I've accessed as long as I've been using Roku media player. One day it just stopped working. Which has happened many times but usually corrects in a couple days. This has now been this way for months and months. It seems to happen when Microsoft does updates. 

0 Kudos
Dolllovindude
Binge Watcher

So basically you don't want to solve the issue. I don't want the drive plugged into my TV. I need it attached to my computer for other uses. It has worked this way for years and it should still work. It is too hard to get to the USB port for this to be convenient. It they had put the ports somewhere reachable and viewable it would be easier. Instead they are in the middle of the back facing down so you can't see them and you can't reach them without moving the entire TV, 

0 Kudos
Dolllovindude
Binge Watcher

How do I access the private messages? It now says I have 2 but I can not figure out how to read them. I'm guessing they are the same as the emails I receive.  Is it okay to just reply to the emails or do you not receive those? I don't get why it says I have private messages but I can't access them. What is the point?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Dolllovindude

To access your private messages, kindly navigate to the upper right corner of your web browser with the "mail" icon in between the bell icon and your user avatar here in the Roku Community.

There, you will find te private messages we have sent to you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos