Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
368anthony
Channel Surfer

Roku Express 1 "Flashing", No Input on AV Channel????

My Roku Express 1 is Flashing. It first showed insufficient power on the TV. I change the wall socket connection. The Roku is connected to an HDMI - AV (R/W/Y) adapter to the TV. It ran fine for one year in this configuration. After a few turn on/offs the TV now shows No AV input. I switched to another working HDMI-AV adapter and have the same problem

What does the Roku Flashing mean..??....how do I fix this??

Thanks for any info (Model 3960X)

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
368anthony
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express 1 "Flashing", No Input on AV Channel????

The Roku is flashing in sets of two's. Two flashes, then a pause, then two flashes again. What is this????

I have tried it on two TVs and by Direct HDMI connect and by HDMI-AV connect. Both give "No Signal" on the TV.

How to fix this???

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @368anthony,

Thanks for flagging us, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that you having an issue with your Roku Express, and we'd like to know more about this.

This could likely be an issue where your device is not receiving enough power. Try using another power cord to see if there are any differences.

Keep us posted!

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
368anthony
Channel Surfer

I have done everything normal at this point!! The Roku is fed from a power strip connected to the wall socket...and it has run like this for over a year. I switched the power strips and got the same result. I switched the Roku to another TV and got no signal too. I switched between a direct HDMI connection and the HDMI-AV adapter and got no signal. I connected my Commodore 64 to the HDMI-AV adapter and ran it from the same power strip. This worked fine. I took the Roku from the other TV and connected it into the main TV on the power strip and it wouldn't work either.

My last try is to use a heavy duty power cable from a different wall socket in another room and see if that works. If not, I just give up,.

0 Kudos
368anthony
Channel Surfer

I finally ran a heavy duty orange power chord from the bathroom outlet, down the hall, to my TV room and connected the Roku to that. NO LUCK. The Roku is just flashing in "twos" and no signal is received at the TV.

I have spent two days on this!!!! What does the "flashing twos" mean???? I got this same result with two of my Roku Express units?????

Very frustrated.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the added information, @368anthony.

In this case, we will coordinate with our Support team for further assistance. We'll request your personal details, so kindly message us here. (Select my username > select View Profile > choose Send this user a private message). 

We'll be waiting for your message! 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
368anthony
Channel Surfer

After a lot of time switching TVs, Rokus, Power Cables, and Adapters, I found the problem to be the Power Adapter USB->Wall AC Power.

I took the Power Adapter from my Commodore 64 and switched it in to the Roku Express Power Line and after connecting everything back up again, it worked.

Roku: Be sure to add this information to the "Inadequate Power" message and responses for solutions!!

0 Kudos
368anthony
Channel Surfer

I tried to reply this solution to "RokuCarly" , "Carly Y.",  but could not find out how to do it!! See the solution found above!

368anthony

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.