Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gwebb

Roku Channel will not play

My Roku channel on my Roku TV and Roku Ulta will not play live TV since yesterday

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Channel will not play

HI there @Gwebb

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

-Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
-Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
-Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue 

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Vwes

I'm having the same issue with most live tv channels on roku not playing and none of the movies playing at all. I've tried everything you listed including removing roku channel then system reboot and reinstalled roku and it made no difference. My internet speed says excellent at 25 mbps and I have the latest available software. If it's a roku problem that's been going on for over 2 weeks then please advise when it might be fixed

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Vwes

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos