Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Perky1964

Unable to access Showtime on Roku

I purchased Showtime sub directly from Showtime. 30 days free then 4.99 for a few months then regular price. Showtime works on all my other devices.

I downloaded Showtime app to my Roku.

When I attempt to log in to Showtime, Roku wants me to activate new 30 day trial and use my credit card.

5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to access Showtime on Roku

@Perky1964 

Verify that you downloaded/installed the correct Showtime Channel/app.  There are 3 available.  One is Showtime (direct subscription streaming), another is Showtime Anytime (cable provider required), and the third is Showtime on the Roku Channel. (purchased through Roku and accessed through Roku Channel)

If you subscribe to Showtime directly, then download Showtime. (Red box w/ white letters).  This is the one that you need to use to enter your login credentials and stream your Showtime content through.

You can find them using the Search or Streaming Channels feature from the Home Screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
aisleorwindow
Reel Rookie

I have this same problem, and I do not see the option to download the Showtime on Roku app. I can't log in directly to the Showtime app, nor will it let me access Showtime through the Roku Channel

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@aisleorwindow

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried scrolling down in the Roku mobile app to Browse Premium Subscriptions to see if you can access Showtime there?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aisleorwindow
Reel Rookie

I tried that and it also asked me for a login. 

I ended up just canceling and Roku gave me a refund. I just signed up directly through Showtime.

0 Kudos
DMG5

Great information. Thanks.  But I cannot watch on my phone or tablet with 'Showtime on the Roku Channel. (purchased through Roku and accessed through Roku Channel)'. I went through Roku. Showtime is the most difficult to access - because they have too many choices(?).  All other similar platforms whether I have a subscription or am on a trial I can them access on my TV, phone or tablet. Showtime is annoying and it makes me not want to end up subscribing. They need to catch up technologically speaking. If I'm a passenger on a road trip and I wanna watch "Your Honor" on my phone or tablet, why can't I do that? So annoying.

0 Kudos