Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkRichards
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Jump to solution

I have the same problem - I'm in Canada, created my Roku account in Canada, can't play anything on the Roku channel. The mobile app says "an error occurred" but the Roku itself just flashes nothing and then returns to the menu.

0 Kudos
MASTERKEN

Re: Can't play FREE content from the Roku channel

Jump to solution

Same issue. I've tried EVERY trouble shooting method mentioned, as well as from the support rep from Roku. Titles are NOT playing. Hit on play, screen flickers as if it's about to load, then goes back up play option. I've had this for 2 years without any issues, then out of nowhere it does this. Same TV, same network, same everything. 

Location is IDAHO USA (2yrs, same Roku) 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MarkRichards,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• Are all other streaming channels playing content normally? 
  • When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
daniel_ch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello,

So it's not just me who's having this problem. After seeing the Weird: The Al Yankovic Story movie announced on the Roku Channel, I opened it up only to come across the exact same issue other users are reporting.

Other streaming channels work fine. I have tried uninstalling-reinstalling the roku channel. I have tried System restart. I have tried on two Roku devices. And every time I try to play any movie or show, the screen goes black for a second as if trying to load the content, and then goes back to the content description and the same thing happens over and over again. 

0 Kudos
LRBloom
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No, it's not just you. I've been given all kinds of "steps" to do and report back, and I've done them all, and it still doesn't work. It blows me away that everything else works, but not Roku's own channel, and they can't seem to fix it! 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @daniel_ch,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model
  • serial number
  • device ID
  • software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MarkRichards
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The problem is affecting only the Roku channel but it does the same thing on the android mobile app so I doubt it's the Roku device. I don't know why I need to repeat all the same troubleshooting steps as everyone in the thread here. There's obviously a widespread problem with Canadian accounts. 

Repeating for clarity: I cannot play anything on the Roku channel on any Roku device or mobile app. Everything else works fine.

0 Kudos
jeffatds9
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't play FREE content from the Roku channel

Jump to solution

I am in the US Virgin Islands.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Roku Channel crashing to Roku Home screen

Jump to solution

Hi @MarkRichards,

Thanks for the clarifications.

We'll share these details with the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Crip1974
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Tried this.

Didn't make any difference 

0 Kudos