Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ms77
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Jump to solution

@Support

Guys, I really don’t want going that way, but you left us no choice. Everybody is asking politely and is giving all required details, even video - and no solution or sign of engagement from your side, just ping ponging with copy/pasted messages.. I believe it’s high time to escalate what’s going on here to higher management and/or product owners at Roku. It might be that they care more about their products, services and levels of customer satisfaction.

@Support @RokuDanny-R 

https://www.linkedin.com/company/roku/people

One could start inquiring the managers with the stronger titles, but if you give us a hint, we could engage only your direct management. Again,  our purpose is just having this issue solved, or getting a clear reasoning, and not making a big splash from it..

Waiting for your answer.

mreid

Jump to solution

Issue started for me a few days ago.  I see it has been going on for quite some time for others.  Tried all fixes and nothing worked.  Further frustrating is I paid for STARZ through Roku and basically gave them money for nothing, since it does not work.

This thread is insane that ROKU just ignores the issue.  After reading the ROKU responses of just repeatedly asking for the same info, I decided to cancel any paid services I have through ROKU.  

I have always like ROKU services and performance, but after seeing this thread that started months ago, I think very differently of ROKU. 

0 Kudos
mreid

Jump to solution

Was able to get help through their chat.  Took awhile and three different reps, but the below worked for me.

After unplugging tv device for 1 minute: 1. Please reset the network connection on your Roku device by navigating to Home -> Settings -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Network Connection Reset. 2. Restart your Router: To restart your router, check the instructions from your ISP or router vendor. In some cases, you can simply unplug it and plug it back in, and in other cases, it may require pressing a reset button on the device. 3. Once the device restarts and the router is back online, please navigate to Settings>Network>Setup connection>Wired or Wireless>Select your network name>Enter the wireless network password and check if it connects.  

After this I went to the ROKU apps and they worked

GMTC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried @mreid solution here. Sadly, it didn't work. I also did a factory reset with no success. I guess I won't be playing anything from the Roku channel until they fix their stuff...

0 Kudos
Welskopf
Reel Rookie

Re: The Roku Channel crashing to Roku Home screen

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue can't play anything on the Roku channel.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: The Roku Channel crashing to Roku Home screen

Jump to solution

@GMTC, @Welskopf

Thanks for your post.

We're here to help. As requested by @RokuDanny-R, please provide us with the following information so we to look closer into this problem. 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • what is happening when this issue occurs

Once we have the information, we'll be able to share this with the support to investigate further. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
cappuccino
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Channel will not load

Jump to solution

Danny--

Yes. I am doing the steps in the exact order as described within this thread. The results are erratic at best. Currently I am unable to watch a program due to the Roku channel misbehaving, but my other channels including Netflix and Peacock play without issue.

65" Hisense Roku TV (Costco model #65R7G5)
OTA TV antenna (indoor $20 RCA rabbit ears)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same issues as all the above. Three televisions- one Sharp Roku TV hardwired to the router, two tvs with Roku streaming sticks connected wirelessly. All streaming apps work fine except the Roku channel app that will not play any content. Have tried all troubleshooting procedures that were posted with negative results. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Prestofrydaddy @cappuccino

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

For us to further investigate this problem, please reply here with the information asked by @RokuNimfa-C above. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gayewithane
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I fixed it..thanks

0 Kudos