Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Futurist
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Jump to solution

Missed the second part of your query – no, I haven't tried another wireless network as I don't have one available.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Futurist

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
avedail
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I am answering your questions to Futurist and Russelgarman as I am having the same problem. I have been having the issue on all Roku content - no matter what I try to watch it loads then returns to "play" but never plays. All other channels I have seem to be working. 

As far as trying other networks, I have access to both a standard and a 5G network. I have tried both and it's the same no matter which I use. 

I am a new user of about only two to three weeks. Everything worked fine until yesterday when I found none of the Roku channels would play. 

Looks like this has been an issue for lots of people for quite a while. Is there a fix? 

Thank you

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@avedail

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the information that I have requested in my post above?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
avedail
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Hi Danny,

Here's the info you requested in your previous post.

• Roku device model - 3820X - Streaming Stick 4K
  • Serial number - X0170056EEXH
  • Device ID - S08Y4266EEXH
  • Software OS/version - 11.5.0 / build 4312-CU
  • Channel version/build - 8.0 - build 72
  • Tracker ID - XH-524-474

Thanks,

avedail

@RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
Cejay50
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Danny, My tv has no way to clear cache but I’ve done everything else suggested by you and anyone else, including long calls with tech support with no change. The problem is somewhere in Roku’s or an internet providers system as I see it. I don’t believe it has anything to do with my equipment or doubtful anyone else’s! Get your engineers/tech people to fix your problem!!!

avedail
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R @Cejay50 

CeJay50,

The same is true in my situation. I have tried everything suggested except that neither my TV nor the Roku settings offer the option to clear cache. And there seem to be a lot of people with this same problem. It seems that it must be within Roku's system or server. 

Also, HOW CAN I CONTACT TECH SUPPORT OR CUSTOMER SERVICE? 

I have not found anything on the Roku website or in the documentation that came with my system that gives any way to reach a tech support or customer service. When I go to support on the website it just keeps cycling me back to FAQs or the community.

I was even asked to complete a survey after one attempt at getting an answer to this issue and was asked what my next step would be. One of the options given was to contact customer service - which would certainly have been my choice. It's not as if I have idle hours to continue to spend on this problem, especially when I continue to hit a wall. I checked that as my preference and in the comments section I indicated that I found no customer service contact information and asked where I would find that. But I did not get a reply from Roku. 

Russelgarman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Two land base networks one wireless mobile phone hot spot. The only thing that works on the Roku channel is live tv

0 Kudos
ms77
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Futurist
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

For no reason that I can discern, Roku channel programs have started playing. I didn't do anything at all to accomplish this, so I have to assume that something happened at the provider's end.