Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avedail
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem exactly yet all other channels are playing normally. I have tried the system restart process but it didn't change anything. My device is very new - I've just had it two or three weeks and it worked fine until yesterday then suddenly the Roku channels will do nothing. 

ChippyTech
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the Roku Channel not playing any content. There are a few things you can try to resolve this issue:

1. Restart your device. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve problems with channels not functioning properly.

2. Check your internet connection. Make sure that your router is connected and that your device is able to access the internet. You can try testing your internet speed to see if it is sufficient for streaming.

3. Check for updates. Make sure that your Roku device and any apps you are using are up to date. To check for updates, go to the Home screen, then select "Settings" > "System" > "System update" > "Check now."

4. Clear the cache on your Roku device. This can help resolve issues with channels not functioning properly. To clear the cache, go to the settings menu on your Roku device and look for an option to clear the cache or delete temporary files.

5. Check for conflicts with other devices. If you have other devices connected to your home network, it is possible that they are causing conflicts that are preventing channels from functioning properly. You may want to disconnect or turn off any unnecessary devices to see if that resolves the issue.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it is possible that there is a problem with the Roku Channel itself or with the service you are trying to use. In that case, you may need to contact Roku customer support for further assistance.

0 Kudos
avedail
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thank you for those suggestions. But I had already tried all of those except for clearing the cache. When I go into settings I see no option to clear the cache or delete temporary files. I also checked the placement of the WiFi receiver to make sure it was not close to ports/cables/other devices and it is not. In fact, nothing has changed since I set up Roku a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine until yesterday. 

I have even reset the device, starting over with re-entering my network password and resetting the channels, etc. but nothing has changed. No Roku channel or program will play while everything else is working. But I happen to want to watch what's on Roku. I'm a new user and this is pretty disappointing. 

How do I contact support? I am not seeing an option for that either. I find a support page but only links to the community or to FAQs, etc. - no contact info. 

Thank you.

PSBill
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

How are you connecting to the internet?  Wi-fi, ethernet cable?  Do you use a VPN service of any kind?  What apps are you trying to watch?  Any require a username and password to log on? Netflix, Disney+, etc?

0 Kudos
Futurist
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Both of my Roku devices are connected via WiFi, with differing levels of bandwidth, as one in almost contiguous to the room where the router is, and the other is in the basement. The problem is the same with both machines – no Roku programming will play, even though other channels do.

I do use a VPN but that's on my laptop, not the router. And yes, I subscribe to Disney+, Apple+, and Netflix. All require passwords, and all work just fine.

I would appreciate any insights into this problem – as, I believe so many others would as well.

Thanks,

Futurist

0 Kudos
avedail
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I am watching mostly free apps so far. I do have paramount and prime video but they don't ask me to sign in each time. 

0 Kudos
avedail
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Futurist, I agree with you that many others would appreciate some insights into this issue. In searching for answers I saw quite a few posts about this same problem. It seems that Roku needs to address the issue and provide some answers and fixes.  

Russelgarman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Can you please stop writing lies Roku not loading is an on going problem that they don't seem to care to fix. As you can find post for years going back and all have the same hope and a prayer fix of factory reset and or new Roku account. The only time tech support tells you factory reset will fix it is when they don't know what the **bleep** is going on.

But just for the record

model 8224x Roku tv

ser yk00ug677204 (30w2au677204

software 11.5.0 build 4312-90

time stamp 2022-12-30t21:34:01z

issue id 04-524-014

any Roku channel content says loading flash screen black and brings the screen right back for the show and play s1 e1

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Futurist @Russelgarman

Thanks for the posts.

Does playback issues on the Roku device only happen on a specific piece of content or does it happen across all content within The Roku Channel.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue occur when playing content within The Roku Channel.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Futurist
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It applies to all the programs on the Roku channel. I only noticed when I went to watch "Weird", but when it wouldn't play, I tried other Roku programs –same result.

Thanks.