Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
originalshabang
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Channel Will Not Play

Hello,

I have done that. Multiple times.

This issue persists 

please tell me that the suggested resolution after almost 2 weeks from reporting the issue is to “Turn it off and on”

0 Kudos
cvertu
Channel Surfer

I have the same problem as well, which occurs only with the Roku Channel. Removing & reinstalling the channel app or restarting the router/Roku device makes no difference. Please advise.

Model : 3941RW2 - Roku Express 4K+

Serial number : X02200JUUV6W (S0HCK2CUUV6W)

Software version : 12.0.0 ● build 4184-E4

GC version : 9.5.513

Timestamp : 2023-09-01T08:29:29Z

Issue ID : 6W-350-429

0 Kudos
docknee
Channel Surfer

After three weeks of the problem and numerous resets and restarts it started to work "all of a sudden."  I have no idea what the problem was or what the solution was.  It is working now on all my devices - but I really don't know what fixed it.  To this day it had to be their issue as all other streaming services worked fine on all my devices, so it was not my router, smart TV or settings.  Mystery to this date but ok now.  

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @cvertu,

We appreciate you reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We truly understand that you have an issue playing with The Roku Channel. Please be advised that we have passed along this case and the information you've provided to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once we have available updates about this, we'll make sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks for your patience and understanding in the meantime.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
originalshabang
Channel Surfer

Chel,

when will this be addressed? This post is over 1 month old. I have followed up and get this cut and pasted response.

I have called and was told someone would call

me back within 24 hours. I laughed when she said that… we both knew no one was going to call.

When will the “appropriate team” be looking at it? Or what is the “appropriate team” and I can call them myself?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you keeping us updated, @originalshabang!

We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. Would you mind sharing your Internet Service Provider and IP address with us? Additionally, are you utilizing a VPN? We need to ensure who and what your ISP and IP address are, as this may be a factor in your playback issue with The Roku Channel, and we need to verify if it's under VPN. If you're using a VPN, it's possible that a modification has been made that stops your VPN from functioning. Content providers often upgrade security measures to prevent unauthorized viewing. 
We'll be looking forward to your response, as we are eager to find you the best resolution possible to get you back up and running.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
originalshabang
Channel Surfer

I am not using a VPN. 

My internet service provider is LCCN.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @originalshabang,

We're glad to assist you with your problem streaming The Roku Channel. Please try to update it by highlighting the channel, hitting the * button, and selecting Check for channel updates in order for it to be updated.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
originalshabang
Channel Surfer

There are no updates and the Roku channel cannot be deleted and re-Installed. This was part of the original trouble shooting. I have restarted it multiple times.

0 Kudos