Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dash2
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Channel Double Sets of Commercials after Stall

It’s only happening to me on the “Roku channel” it happens sporadically. I’ll be watching a tv show on the Roku Channel and then the ads play and then the tv show resumes. That’s the normal part. Then other times the ads play and it freezes on the last frame of the ad. None of the buttons on the remote will work at this time accept the back button or home. I’ve reset my Roku device. I’ve deleted and redownloaded the app. It did not used to do this.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dash2,

Thank you for sharing this information with us!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • Could you also provide us with a photo or video of your running problem?

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OmegaT
Channel Surfer

I completely agree! This has gone beyond the point of ridiculous to now just embarrassing that their own app is acting like this on their hardware. I stopped using Roku Channel for a few weeks to avoid the frustration; but I tried it again tonight hoping it was fixed and very first ad break froze. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @user55 @OmegaT,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

This is not what we aim for. We will be delighted to further assist you with this issue, but we'll need to gather more details. When did the issue start? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OmegaT
Channel Surfer

@RokuJohnB It's been reported multiple times, I've already giving the details on this other thread here. 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Solving-playback-issues/Roku-channel-freezes-on-commercial-s-last-fram...

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We're sorry for the inconvenience, and our team has taken care of this.

We still don't have any available updates about this. But rest assured, we've initiated an additional report to them regarding this.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stheompk

I am also having the issue especially with Optimum commercials.

Stheompk

I am having these issues especially with Optimum commercials. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Stheompk

A warm greetings here in the Roku Community.

Thanks for reaching out, and we acknowledge your concern. This issue has been noted by our team, and we'll provide an update regarding this so further actions can be taken to address this.

If there's anything we can do to assist you moving forward, please let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MJPnFL
Channel Surfer

Why is it that ROKU doesn't respond to these problems. I am just short of scrapping this stupid ROKU account. Yes I have this problem too EXCEPT after the first set of commercials ROKU locks up until I hit the BACK button and then it runs through the second set of commercials and then starts the playback over from the beginning. If ROKU is that dense that they are unaware of their problems it's time for a new service. ROKU, you have one month before you get dumped. This has been ongoing for MONTHS.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.