Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GKtech

Roku Channel Double Sets of Commercials after Stall

While watching the Roku Channel, the Ads or Commercials play for about 2 minutes but, after the final commercial plays, the station freezes. Then, you need to resume the channel but a new set of Commercials start so you have a Double Set of Commercials. How can that be stopped? I could understand about 2 minutes of commercials but not 4 minutes. Why the double dose? Your Thoughts? GKtech

29 REPLIES 29
JD60
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Channel Double Sets of Commercials after Stall

nobody responded to that issue ? i am having same issue no matter if i reinstall the app or not ! it only happens on roku channel.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GKtech @JD60,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

The team is hard at work investigating the issue. We still haven't received any feedback, but we'll send the update once we have it.

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

my roku app stalls repeatedly...always returns to ads...stalls....it is a repetitive cycle.  I have addressed on the system level and this app is the ONLY app this happens over and over.  often makes me rethink my decision to go with Roku.....

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @frustrated23,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

Could you provide us with more details about your concern? Are you encountering any error codes or messages? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further? Also, have you tried installing your Roku app, restarting your device, and reinstalling it again?

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.
All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dash2
Channel Surfer

I am having the exact same issue where I’m watching a TV show on the Roku channel and it gets to an outbreak and on the last second of the ad it freezes, and the only thing you can do is back out and then restart watch a whole new set of ads And then it keeps freezing and this happens several times. It is very annoying. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dash2,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're experiencing. Please try these troubleshooting steps below:

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

Let us know how it works.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dash2
Channel Surfer

Hello, I have tried what you suggested and it is still freezing after playing the ads. 

JD60
Reel Rookie

dis-able customize ads for you ? 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dash2,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We want to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing. Could you send us a video of your running problem? Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos