Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobo77

Roku Channel Doesn't Play

Jump to solution

Roku Channel DOES NOT PLAY. As other posts (that state the problem has apparently been resolved) state, video/show/movie info comes up however will not play when clicked on. This problem has not been resolved. Every other channel on my Roku device works fine. I have deleted and reinstalled the channel as well as any and all other suggested fixes. Would be very nice if Roku channel on Roku device actually worked. Has been like this for several months now.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Channel Doesn't Play

Jump to solution

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having issues launching the Roku Channel. We're happy to help. Kindly try the basic troubleshooting sequence below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
Please keep us posted if this works for you.

All the best,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Bobo77,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We regret the delay in responding to your inquiry. Try connecting your device to an alternative network like a mobile hotspot and then try again to see if that makes a difference.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DAISEYC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a smart Roku tv ONN, for some reason the Roku app will not play. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having issues launching the Roku Channel. We're happy to help. Kindly try the basic troubleshooting sequence below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
Please keep us posted if this works for you.

All the best,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DAISEYC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did what you said uninstalled the ROKU app . Rebooted system and still want play I click and it just flash the same screen over again. 

IMG_2512.jpeg

0 Kudos
DAISEYC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Also I have three Roku tv’s only the ONN tv want play Roku app. I also found when I sign in to the website it says I have one 70 Roku onn tv , and that I must pay to watch!  How can I fix this ? I don’t have to pay! I believe I may have tried to buy to get it to work but the I unsubscribe. I bet that’s how it got messed up. Can you help me please? 🙏 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update and further details, @DAISEYC.

Please note that there are some shows on the Roku Channel that may require a subscription in order to access. Could you tell us what specific show you're trying to watch?

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DAISEYC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve been trying to watch the bionic woman from the 1970’s. Airwolf, and they won’t play , so I was looking around and I saw lifetime movie club , I think that was it . I clicked on it , I must have subscribed thinking it would help Roku play . I realized it was a pay subscription and canceled . My other two Ruku tv’s play fine but the show content on the apps are different then the Roku 70” ONN app  . There’s no bionic woman or Airwolf on the other two Riki tv apps.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.