Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave19086
Reel Rookie

Re: The Roku Channel Freezes After Ads on Movies

Jump to solution

This is to let you know that the issue with ads on the internet browser has been resolved. However, after the ad breaks, the closed captioning activates even when listed as off.  If I click "Eng" then click "off" it does shut off, but will reappear by itself after the next ad break.  

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Dave19086,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Please be aware that our team is currently working to fix this issue as soon as possible, as your satisfaction is essential to us. We currently do not have any details to give at this time, but once more information is available, We'll make sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding are very much appreciated in the meantime.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CarlaK
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I wanted to make sure before responding but it appears the freezing/buffering issue has been resolved. For the last 3 days while watching the Rich Eisen Show,  I have not had a problem. I hope this is fixed for the others on this thread as well. Thank you for your attention to this issue and providing a solution.

0 Kudos
RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

[RESOLVED] The Roku Channel Freezes After Ads on Movies

Jump to solution

Hello Community users,

We believe this issue has now been resolved.

We invite you to see if you are still experiencing an issue with The Roku Channel freezes after ads on movies.

Thanks,

Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LH2176
Reel Rookie

Re: [RESOLVED] The Roku Channel Freezes After Ads on Movies

Jump to solution

Not resolved.

Roku is freezing at the end of commercials.  Particularly on the Roku channel, Roku freezes on all channel ads for chick fillet.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LH2176,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we'd be pleased to assist. As a start, let's try to troubleshoot this issue first to see if it improves the channel's performance. Kindly follow the steps below. 

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

After performing, kindly observe if the issue will persist. If it does, please let us know so we can take further action to resolve this.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cyberitch

Jump to solution

I have the same issue now, started a few days ago.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.