Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SmokingJoe
Roku Guru

Removing channels from within your channel lineup

Removing channels from within your channel lineup does now work. I use a Roku tv and a Roku device on another tv. Why is this not being fixed? 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Removing channels from within your channel lineup

Hi, @SmokingJoe

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate your inquiry, and we'd be more than glad to assist. To remove a channel, kindly highlight the channel you want to remove, and press the star (*) button on your Roku remote. After pressing the star button, you will see a list of options. Select the "Remove app" selection. 

If the following doesn't work, please let us know what specific behavior you are seeing that prevents you from removing the channel.

Keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SmokingJoe
Roku Guru

I know how to remove channels, but it does not work anymore. 

0 Kudos
Jodi0922

From the star menu "remove app" is not an option 

Jodi0922

The option to "remove app" is not shown ... I only get move app ... move app to top ... manage subscription ... check for updates ... close

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Jodi0922, you can't remove an app if you have an active subscription through Roku and removing an app (if you could) doesn't cancel the subscription.  You have to cancel the subscription using the "Manage subscription" option or by logging into your account at https://my.roku.com and once the current subscription period ends you'll be able to remove the app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Remove app IS an option on my Roku but it's still telling me I don't have enough memory to use the ones I still have and I've removed about 7. Why?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for joining us here in the Roku Community, @373!

We appreciate you letting us know about this. We'd be happy to suggest some steps to help you get back on streaming.

Please try rebooting your Roku device's system by navigating to the Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart

You may also visit this support article related to this for guidance: How to system restart your Roku streaming device

Please keep us posted on how it goes and we'll go from there.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.