Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tom40
Reel Rookie

Recents won't show on Live TV guide. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Recents won't show on Live TV guide. Can anyone help?

Hi, @tom40!

Greetings from the Roku Community.

We appreciate you reaching out for support. We'd be happy to help you get back on streaming the recent shows on your Live TV Guide.

Before proceeding, we would appreciate it if you could provide us with additional information such as follows:

• Is this an OTA Live TV channel?
  • Were you able to stream this before? 
  • Are there any error messages prompted?
  • What indication can you provide to confirm that it is not streaming recent shows?
  • What is currently being offered?

In the meantime, kindly try to reboot your Roku device under Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart to see if this makes any difference.

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tom40
Reel Rookie

I've had this Express 4k+ since 9-8-24. No error indication messages are showing and the favorites column works fine. I have 5 or 6 favorite channels on there and they come up just fine. When I hi-lite Recents it says recents will show here. I pressed OK on that and no matter how many times I change channels they won't come up. This is the only problem I'm having. I have already rebooted it several times and that does not do anything.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @tom40.

Thanks for the additional information. 

In this case, can you confirm if there are no channels available when you go to the Recents category on the Live TV guide? Perhaps you can share a photo of it for reference. You may refer to this link to help you on How do I insert an image in a post?

Keep us posted!

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tom40
Reel Rookie

I can confirm there are no channels when I go to the recents category. It only shows the little purple arrow pointing down and says "Recents will be shown here" and there are none.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.