Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RBDCanada

RMP no longer playing files it used to.

RMP no longer recognizing video file on network as playable format even though it has played before. Multiple hard drives on network, same play some don’t. All drives are recognized, folders show, but on two drives no playable videos. They all used to work.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMaresa
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: RMP no longer playing files it used to.

Hello @RBDCanada 

We are happy to look into this for you. However, in order for us to resolve the issue with your RMP no longer playing, could you please provide us the following information :

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
• Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)
• Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
• Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
• Can you provide us with the file that you are trying to play with RMP?

We're looking forward for your response.

Best regards,

Mares

MaresH.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jmoeller100
Channel Surfer

Re: RMP no longer playing files it used to.

Not sure if  you're still having this problem, but I experienced a similar problem with mp3 files. RMP either wouldn't show all my music folders, or would show them but insisted they were not playable. I used the * key after connecting to the DLNA server to access the RMP settings and changed the display format to "long". Now RMP can see all my music and no longer insists they are unplayable. Hope this helps someone.

0 Kudos