Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuzyCue
Reel Rookie

Paramount+ App vs. Paramount+ on Roku

I have a Paramount+ account I set up online. I also have the app on my television. I stream through Roku. Via this current set up I am unable to view NCAAF games even though they are supposed to be available on Paramount+.  I note there is a paid Paramount+ subscription available on Roku "Sign in or subscribe" via The Roku Channel. So, what's the difference? I don't want to pay for two Paramount+ subscriptions -- when I access what is supposed to be "Sign in or subscribe" there IS NO option to sign in -- only subscribe for a 7 day free trial. Anyone else run into this and can help? I'm totally perplexed.  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount+ App vs. Paramount+ on Roku

If you have a subscription directly with Paramount+, the version available through The Roku Channel is not for you.  When you say, 'when I access what is supposed to be "Sign in or subscribe"', are you speaking of The Roku Channel version or the stand-alone app?  I don't see any reference to signing in on The Roku Channel for Paramount+ or any other premium service for that matter.

It looks like you need the "Paramount+ with Showtime" package to stream NCAA football games:

"Catch the NFL on CBS, UEFA Champions League, CBS Sports Golazo Network and more! For ALL the action, upgrade to a Paramount+ with SHOWTIME plan and stream College Football live on your local CBS channel. "

https://www.paramountplus.com/

In this case, The Roku Channel version may actually offer more if it includes NCAA football, but maybe it's the same price as the Showtime package?  Anything through The Roku Channel definitely comes with more restrictions than a subscription directly with a provider (like it can only be accessed on a Roku device).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mindjo

Hello,

I am having a similar issue> I ordered through ROKU the Paramount+ channel to and agreed to order this channel.

I am unable to watch the Paramount+ channel. The screen says I already have an existing account but there is nowhere on the screen that shows where I can sign in. I attempted ROKU's solution to try the Paramount+ on ROKU but it only directs me t sign up for a plan. Which I already did.

Hoping you have a solution. It has been a very time consuming process to try and find a solution thus far.

Thank you very much.

JA

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Mindjo.

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused you about accessing the Paramount Plus app on your Roku streaming player. No worries! We're here to help you access the app successfully.

Before we proceed, is your subscription directly from Paramount Plus? Because as we check, you've already canceled your subscription under Roku. 

Moreover, if your subscription is directly from the Paramount Plus app, we suggest accessing the standalone app. If you are still seeing the error message, kindly try to troubleshoot the app by following the steps provided below:

1. Remove app: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power > System restart
  3. Re-install the app: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

We need to make sure that these steps have been done precisely to work. 

Please let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos