Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ibgrad400

[RESOLVED] CNN app not loading Roku TV

Jump to solution

When I try and open the CNN app on my Roku TV I get a message that says "OOPS. Sorry, the CNN app isn't available in your current location."

I have uninstalled the CNN app, restarted my Roku TV, updated the CNN app, checked for updates for my Roku TV as well. Still get the same message. I can access CNN through my spectrum app, but not directly through the CNN app.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: CNN app not loading Roku TV

Jump to solution

We apologize for the issue and believe the channel is fully resolved. If you're still experiencing troubles with channel playback on TNT, TBS, PBS, or CNN, please restart your device from the Settings menu by navigating to Home > Settings > System > Power > Restart.

We're going to go ahead and close this thread now, but if you're still experiencing an issue after performing a restart from the settings menu, go ahead and start up a new thread and let us know what you're seeing.

Thanks!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ibgrad400,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are getting an error message when trying to stream the CNN channel on your Roku device and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

For this specific error message, we recommend contacting CNN support directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues and functionality inquiries. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach CNN support here: http://www.cnn.com/help/liveflash.html

Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DDS1

Jump to solution

I had no luck with the link that was posted but googled and found/reported this link

https://help.cnn.com/us/Answer/Detail/000001033

0 Kudos
SpookDroid
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I guess it's a CNN app bug.  I'm also getting that message and cannot open it. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SpookDroid,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with playing content on the CNN channel and we would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues.

Can you please verify when did this issue first start occurring?

We recommend starting performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device
  2. Power cycle the Roku device, by disconnecting it from the power cable and reconnecting the device back to the power
  3. Re-add the channel back to the Roku device

One additional suggestion we would like for you to try by performing a system update. You can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now. and see if you notice any difference.

For more troubleshooting steps with any channel playback issue, follow our Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dathbe

Jump to solution

Same issue here.  Won't load on my Roku TV, but does load on another TV using Roku streaming stick.  I was getting the error message that the video was not available now (this was happening for about 24-48 hours), so I uninstalled and reinstalled, and now I'm getting the error message above about my current location.  I guess I should move my Roku TV 20 feet into the next room and maybe that location will work?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It stopped working today.  I removed and re-installed the app and it’s no different 

0 Kudos
SpookDroid
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same as everyone else... was working yesterday, today it's not.  Have only tried on my Roku Stick TV, haven't tried on a Roku TV. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku device when accessing the CNN channel and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

Note: Please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.

In addition, some channels and services can be restored by performing a system update. You can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now.

If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the CNN channel, that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it. We would recommend reaching out to CNN directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.

In the meantime, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to work with the channel partner to investigate further. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gwen1

Jump to solution

Tracking….Having the same problem with my Roku devices

0 Kudos