Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpookDroid
Channel Surfer

Re: CNN app not loading Roku TV

Jump to solution

Thanks Mary, 

All troubleshooting options have been done, re-done, and exhausted.  Only the CNN app has this issue, no other apps (so it's likely on their end).  These are the details you asked for (but since I'm not alone in this and this is a general forum, I'm leaving out my specific data like the SN/Device ID... I really don't think that should be necessary but if so, please reach out privately). 

Model 3810X, Software 12.0.0 build 4184-50

CNN App version 3.1 build 1431

marty1966
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here, CNN on Roku streaming stick. No worky.

dkwilson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. It started yesterday right after I switched my HBO app to MAX... probably not related. My workaround is to open the CNN app on my iPhone, go to "TV Channels," open live streaming, touch the screen to show the AirPlay icon (rectangle with an arrow at the bottom) and click on that to show the AirPlay menu, then choose my device. The streaming then plays on my TV via my phone.

LoriJ7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I get the exact 'oops   CNN app is not  available in your location'  messageThis happened to me when trying to open the app around 5pm EST. 
I watched the app, this morning with no problem.

i restarted  the Roku,, checked for Roku updates. Then I checked for the app updates. Both updates reported as current.

I'm not uninstalling reinstalling . It didn't work for others. I can't be bothered signing in with my provider again for nothing.

0 Kudos
LoriJ7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I get the same error loading the device on my iPad. 
i was going to try mirroring.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SpookDroid,

Thanks for providing all the information we requested.

We'll go ahead and send this over to the team for further investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Metzinsd

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Roku stick, only CNN app.

SrRojo

Jump to solution

It's definitely an issue related to Turner and Roku. TNT, CNN, and TruTV have all been reported to have this issue and they are all Turner channels. 

dkwilson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It’s working for me now. 

LoriJ7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Me too. Thanks for posting. It made me check mine again.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.