Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FredBMass
Binge Watcher

Re: Pureflix channel won't stay logged in

Jump to solution

I (we) have contacted PureFlix.  There is a bigger problem.  They have agreed to email me when they get a fix in but I did inform them I would have to cancel by the end of January since I have gone two months with barely any ability to watch.

JD144
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes it is only the one Pureflix channel that has the problem all others stay logged in.

Bugsyjr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have had the same issue since I purchased another Roku. It's even a Downgrade as I went from the Roku Ultra 4k to the Roku Streambar. It won't keep me signed in. I stay signed in on my other devices but in the living room on the new Roku Soundbar it only stays logged in a couple hours at a time. This seems more like a Roku issue then a Pure Flix issue as my phone and Tablets stay signed in just fine and the kids bedroom works. Really Frustrating though.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Bugsyjr

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on Pureflix or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Bugsyjr wrote:

This seems more like a Roku issue then a Pure Flix issue as my phone and Tablets stay signed in just fine and the kids bedroom works. Really Frustrating though.

Has nothing to do with it working fine on different platforms. Those are written in a different programming language, often by completely different programmers. You can't compare how an app works on one device with the "same" app on a different platform. The problem is with their channel.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Bugsyjr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As I stated before my problem has been on my newest Roku the Sound Bar, no problems in the Bedroom which is on a Roku which IS the same program. No problem with my phone or tablet which are through google play. I get different platforms are written with different coding but ROKU is ROKU and Roku apps are the same.

0 Kudos
Bugsyjr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It only happens on the newest Roku. My other Roku's and phones and tablets work just fine. The Sound/Stream Bar is the one that seems to have the issue. I didn't realize it was a downgrade from my Roku Ultra when I got it. I just needed to add a little extra energy to the volume. 

0 Kudos
katisch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have that issue to.  I just purchased a year subscription of Pureflix and now, when I try to go to Pureflix, it starts up the Pureflix channel, goes to the Pureflix home screen and immediately pops back out the Roku main menu.  I have a Roku 4k ultra running version 11.xxx.  How do I fix the issue?  Since I purchased a year's subscription I have not been able to watch Pureflix.

0 Kudos
katisch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This does not appear to be a Pureflix issue, because I can bring the subscription app up on my Samsung LCD TV.  Just can't bring it up any more on Roku, which is where I purchased my year's subscription.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@katisch wrote:

This does not appear to be a Pureflix issue, because I can bring the subscription app up on my Samsung LCD TV. 

That has nothing to do with their app on a Roku device. Two different programming languages, completely different apps. Yes, the problem is within the Pureflix channel, and only Pureflix can resolve it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.