Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JD144
Channel Surfer

Pureflix channel won't stay logged in

Jump to solution

After a recent Roku update Pureflix channel no longer stays logged in on any of my roku devices.  when I select the channel it wants to default to my Roku e-mail address for log in rather than the log in used for Pureflix.  It previously stayed logged in until December 2021 when this issue started.  I can change to use a different e-mail and then log in successfully but it is a pain that it no longer remembers or defaults to the correct log in.  Any suggestions for changing the default?  I have tried deleting and reinstalling the channel with no success and it is not just one of my roku players  it is doing it on both of them.   

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Pureflix channel won't stay logged in

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, this is something that can only be resolved by the channel provider. This appears to be their customer support site. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

JD144
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hey thanks Dan, when I get a chance I will try those steps you suggested. I definitely did not reboot the one roku that I deleted the channel on or check the second roku on the other TV any time during the process. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @FredBMass,

Thanks for the update.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach Pureflix support here: support@pureflix.com 

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

21 REPLIES 21
atc98092

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, this is something that can only be resolved by the channel provider. This appears to be their customer support site. 

Dan

JD144
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thankyou the Pureflix site did state that it was a known problem

FredBMass
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

PureFlix had me disconnect, delete, reload, stand on my head etc and it still doesn't stay logged in.

JD144
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes I tried deleting and reinstalling the Pureflix channel also with no effect.  I have two Roku devices and they both have the problem.   Every time we start up that channel it defaults to wanting to use my roku log in and I have to change it to manually enter the Pureflix log in which is very tedious.  The fact that it came up with the Roku log in and wanted to use it was what made me think it was a Roku update that caused the problem.

atc98092

Jump to solution

Since you have multiple devices, the removal steps are a bit more involved. After removing it from one Roku, you must reboot it. Then you need to go to the second Roku, ensure it's been removed, and then reboot that Roku as well. Now you can reinstall the channel and try your credentials again. Roku devices must be restarted after removing a channel, and when it's on more than one device they all must be rebooted. 

Dan

JD144
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hey thanks Dan, when I get a chance I will try those steps you suggested. I definitely did not reboot the one roku that I deleted the channel on or check the second roku on the other TV any time during the process. 

0 Kudos
FredBMass
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes power on power off plug in plug off delete add stand on head shuffle to the left and it still does not work.

0 Kudos
FredBMass
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I tried.  Didn't work.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @FredBMass,

Thanks for the update.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach Pureflix support here: support@pureflix.com 

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.