Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Puerto Rico FTA channels. Application

Hi Community users

We're sorry for the inconvenience, and we appreciate you for flagging us about this.

If you can no longer find the app in the Streaming Store, it may no longer be available on the Roku platform.

Note: If you subscribed to or purchased content on an app that is no longer available on your Roku device, you can contact the provider for more information.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @bamadiez.

Most apps or channels on the Roku streaming platform are being created, maintained, and updated by the channel providers themselves independently. It may be possible that they removed their app from the platform and may or may not bring it back. Only the channel providers can further clarify or confirm this. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
jenna2023

Same here! My monthly payment subscription was withdrawn from my bank account just a couple of days ago. So sad to see these channels are not available anymore. Please bring them back!

Wisone1
Reel Rookie

Amigos/Friends: For those that have Android devices (smartphones, tablets) you can download the PRTV app (doesn’t work on iPhones) and watch most of the channels that were available on the Puerto Rico FTA channels (not all) but the most common ones in Puerto Rico. Too bad we can’t watch them on our TV’s anymore! Hating Roku right now. They should provide info. on developer of the app so that we can contact them ourselves!

Lulu114

Correct, I've been using this app for over a year now besides Roku, you know when you are on the go, etc.... but yesterday I realized the Roku app was not working, tried to reboot and update it, but still didn't worked, so I watched the program on my tablet, and you get the most important channels and radio stations, like Telemundo, TeleOnce, Wapa, etc... ck it out. 

Strega2
Roku Guru

I found a cached channel store page that says: PUERTO RICO FTA CHANNELS was developed by: PRCO

However, unlike most channels in the Roku channel store, there was no link to a website for PRCO. 

PRCO is also the developer of Roku channels CHILE TELEVISIÓN, and TELEVISIÓN MÉXICO, which are still in the Roku channel store, but these pages also have no link to a PRCO website.  I suspect that this is intentional – that PRCO doesn’t want to be contacted.

This is just a guess, but I think Roku could have gotten a DMCA takedown for PUERTO RICO FTA CHANNELS, tried to contact PRCO, found them to be unresponsive (or unfindable) and removed the content as demanded.  Then again, PRCO could be a legit company that simply lost its contract with the Puerto Rico channels or simply wasn’t making enough money on this to continue.

Banned but back. Because why not?

I am very disappointed my mothers is elderly she is 86 years old , I had to moved her to Maryland 3 years ago she doesn’t have no one left only me has a caregiver , she only watches Puerto Rico FTA channels from Puerto Rico suddenly no more channels please bring it back . For her watching other apps is very difficult. 

edwinhernandez3
Binge Watcher

WAS I CALL THE NUMBER THEY GAVE ME FROM PUERTO RICO FTA CHANNELS AND THE PERSON WHO ANSWER SAID I GOT THE WRONG NUMBER 

0 Kudos

Has anyone found a reliable alternative?

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.