Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ticked2
Reel Rookie

Problem with This Old House app

It is 07/2023 and I have had this problem since 03/2023. I have factory reset, cleared cache, removed the app, unplugged… I don’t know what else I can do. Did you find a solution?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Problem with This Old House app

Hi @Ticked2,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Old House channel. Suppose you've gone through troubleshooting steps and confirmed that your Roku device is up-to-date and all other channels are working normally. In that case, we'll need to contact the channel publisher directly for further assistance. Please get in touch with them directly to follow up and let them know what troubleshooting steps you've already attempted with us. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ticked2
Reel Rookie

I did try everything. As well as contacting This Old House with no response. I also did as others suggested by logging on in Guest Mode and it finally worked. To me, this suggests that the problem lies with the Roku account. Can you please fix what we are all experiencing? Please see the posts from others on this topic including the user who contacted Roku’s technical support who agreed with this problem.

0 Kudos
Jerm5
Reel Rookie

@Ticked2 

Yes, I found a solution. You have to get on the phone with Roku and have them totally delete your Roku account and recreate a new one. You're right that the issue lies with the Roku account, and nothing short of nuking it fixes the TOH app. 

It's not that big of a deal if you don't have any subscriptions through Roku. However, if you do have subscriptions, you'll have to cancel all of them before they can delete your account. 

Once you create a new account, you'll be able to install the TOH app, sign into it and run it successfully again.  

0 Kudos
iodine
Binge Watcher

I found a solution too. I cancelled my subscription to This Old House.  

It has been almost a year since I reported this issue to TOH and I never even got a reply other than it was being referred to a "Senior Advisor."

0 Kudos
iodine
Binge Watcher

Because I believe in full disclosure and communication (TOH support take notice), I saw today that the color of the TOH app had changed on my ROKU. This made me suspect it might have been updated.

Sure enough it appears that 18 months after I reported the issue to TOH and receiving nothing more than "we are looking into it," the application has been re-written and updated.

Sadly they long ago lost me as a paying subscriber. All it would have taken was to be honest and open about the problem and I might have cut them some slack. Had I stuck around I would have paid for 18 months of service that I could not use. By not disclosing the true nature of the problem, did they expect that to happen? We will never know because they prefer to keep their customers in the dark. ☹️

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @iodine,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to investigate this issue further. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Could you send us a photo of your running problem?
  • Have you tried restarting your Roku device by going to settings, system, power, and system restart?

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                  John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.